Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Steve Bruce has made an ambitious move to sign Jack Wilshere.

Aston Villa boss Bruce has made enquiries to try and lure the Arsenal midfielder to the Championship.

Bruce has already brought in former England captain John Terry and is hoping a big contract and bonuses could tempt Wilshere.

It remains to be seen whether Wilshere would step down to the Championship and Arsenal would also look for a permanent deal and potentially a big fee.

Arsenal have told Wilshere he can leave if the right offer comes in but the England midfielder may decide to stay and fight for his place, especially with added fixtures in the Europa League coming up.

Bruce has a strong relationship with Arsenal, Arsene Wenger and a long track record of deals, including Nicklas Bendtner, Fabrice Muamba and Jermaine Pennant.

Wilshere, 25, has one year left on his current deal, he is back to full fitness and played in Arsenal’s under-23s game with Derby on Monday night.

There has been strong interest in Wilshere from Newcastle, Swansea and also Italy with Sampdoria expressing an interest.

West Ham’s interest appears to have cooled. But Arsenal have yet to receive an acceptable concrete offer to match their valuation despite having lots of enquiries, especially for loan deals.

Why Arsenal might feel they have to do Oxlade-Chamberlain deal with Chelsea

Wilshere spent last season on loan at Bournemouth but his season ended early because of a broken leg. He has now completed his rehabilitation and is fit to play.

Wilshere is desperate to get back to his best and still has a huge desire to succeed at Arsenal which means he is reluctant to give up without a fight.

Gunners boss Wenger has made it clear he will use youngsters and squad players in the early stages of the Europa League which may be a route back for Wilshere even if first team chances are limited.

God help us

Edited by Demitri_C

The amount of work he's had done, he's probably all titanium and kevlar by now, a bit like...

1445013043214.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

I'd like to see him come to play for us, but this is like the "move" we made for Joe Hart. Not gonna happen. Probably aim at Wilshire and end up with someone Simon Dawkins-esque, but it's the thought that counts.

Simon Dawkins eh... was that real or did we hallucinate that?

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

Gareth Barry undergoing medical at WBA - even at his age I'd have him back.

Agreed but I don't think he is interested in playing for us again to the extent that he would rather sign for WBA to make a few more top flight  appearances. Nice to see us linked with a player like Wilshere but will he be in any way interested in coming here? I'm afraid its a big no for me. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

In other news ojo has rejected us apparently and goibg fulham. Dont blame him after watching how bruce makes our forwards flourish 

agreed, shame we werent in for Tom Lawrence, Derby f f s, excellent value at £7m but we would only have Bree'd him anyway

I must be one of the few who wouldn't be bothered having him back.  I think his legs are gone and he'd add nothing that we don't already have in Jedinak and Whelan.  I don't mind adding experience to the squad but at some point you've enough.

43 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed but I don't think he is interested in playing for us again to the extent that he would rather sign for WBA to make a few more top flight  appearances. Nice to see us linked with a player like Wilshere but will he be in any way interested in coming here? I'm afraid its a big no for me. 

Can't blame him. He is only 4 games off Giggs record for the most PL appearances ever. No other current player is anywhere near (defoe is next closest 150 back) and having the title of most appearances ever in the premier league must surely be attractive to him/anyone

• Like 1

Burton have offered Usain Bolt a trial with them :D

Might be worth a punt, for commercial purposes and for shits and giggles.

He is apparently desperate to play professional football, and I cant see him getting that Man U contract.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I must be one of the few who wouldn't be bothered having him back.  I think his legs are gone and he'd add nothing that we don't already have in Jedinak and Whelan.  I don't mind adding experience to the squad but at some point you've enough.

I'd love to see Barry, Whelan and Jedinak in front of Samba and Terry. It would be like watching a game in slow motion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1