Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

We haven't just lost 80 mill, it's gone into the squad and for losses there will be the extra value in the likes of hourihane and Kodgia and grealish if he can get some form. We just have to keep selling and buying till the squad is mint. We still have huge financial clout over other clubs and especially with wages when folks like gabby leave.

• Like 3

been Linked with Ryan Bennett today.  Very decent championship centre back,  would be a good option in the squad........... Brighton want him as well, but they may have bigger fish to fry after promotion............. apparantley Bruce wanted him at Hull last year, and hes worked with Calderwood............

Marley Watkins would also be a good option, and George Boyd.............. 

3 solid, dependable, championship performers who could fill the squad without putting a strain on FFP. 

• Like 1

as we dont have a 17/18 squad thread, maybe the transfer targets could be dependant on who is here/stays and how many holes there are to fill.

GK - 2 needed plus the youth/injured guys we have.

The Stoke keepers (either one), Pickford, Ruddy, McGregor and please send SJ back - Bunn (out of contract)

RB - Bree/DeLaat - Sell Hutton

CB - Chester/Baker/Jedi - sell Elphick & Richards buy 1x CB

LB - Taylor - buy LB

DM - Jedi - Buy Better & Backup for when Jedi moves to CB/injured/suspended

RW - Adomah - buy Backup

LW - Green/Amavi (if not sold on) - Grealish? - Backup ?

CM - Lansbury/Hourihane/Lyden(?)/Thor(jury still out) - Buy Backup - sell Bacuna/Gardner/Veretout/Gill

AM - Buy - Grealish? Gill? McC?

CF - Kodjia/Hogan/McC(?)/RHM(?)/Davis(?) - Buy - sell Gaby (or free giveaway sub%wages) Sell McC (sub %wages) Kozak OoC

10 ins for me

12 possible outs

I think everyone out on loan won't be here next year so that's Sanchez (already gone), Veretout, Gil, Tishbola and McCormack. Someone like Mason counts aswell, he's never played for us but maybe could've been an option but moved onto Donny.

So there's 6 there and I doubt Gollini will come back so up to 7.

Add in Kozak and that's 2/3 right there so then we look at the 4 who are regulars in our squad but ideally we'd want shot of if we had an offer. I'd say that would be Elphick, Amavi, Richards and maybe Steer as looks like Bunn will probably stay as back up.

15 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Wouldn't mind Cairney from them. 

Good player but would cost a lot for Fulham to part with him.

Also imagine a few bottom end prem teams will look at him.

Basically we have no chance of signing him.

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

They'd want good money for him for sure, even more with the AVFC premium add on. Would be a good signing though.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

They'd want good money for him for sure, even more with the AVFC premium add on. Would be a good signing though.  

Maybe if we gave them McGatemack back to sweeten the deal?

25 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I like their other two in midfield actually, McDonald the DM who was at Wolves and Johansen who is more box to box and is a decent player.

That's a lesson to us as that to me is the most balanced central mid in the league. We could actually do similar with what we have but Hourihane and Lansbury need to be given the licence to actually cross the halfway line once in a while and also not get shoved out wide when SB starts to worry about the opposition. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Barnsley had two who lit up the league. We took them. So did brentford.  We took him two.  We've a manager who in his own words said at one of his previous clubs he ain't a manager for tactics.  Imagine that. Be laughable if it wasn't so serious .  We could bring in tom cairney, Charlie Taylor, Ronaldo viera ,  will hughes. ..whoever.  Won't matter a jot. Bruce is a brutal manager.

Edited by Johnnyp
error
  • Like 1

3 or 4 signings max

Will need a keeper, Johnstone or not.

A solid reliable partner for Chester at the back.  

Someone with clear ownership of the midfield which will release Hourihane and take the pressure of Jedinak to play every week.

Grealish should be playing behind the front players somehow and although we probably have enough out wide in Green, Adomah, Amavi et al to make it work I'd probably bring in a wide man with quality.

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think everyone out on loan won't be here next year so that's Sanchez (already gone), Veretout, Gil, Tishbola and McCormack. Someone like Mason counts aswell, he's never played for us but maybe could've been an option but moved onto Donny.

So there's 6 there and I doubt Gollini will come back so up to 7.

Add in Kozak and that's 2/3 right there so then we look at the 4 who are regulars in our squad but ideally we'd want shot of if we had an offer. I'd say that would be Elphick, Amavi, Richards and maybe Steer as looks like Bunn will probably stay as back up.

Gollini was an 18 month loan deal, just though I'd let you know ;)

12 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Anyone from the fulham squad that we could target? 

Sessegnon (spelling?) The young lad at Fulham, has always looked good in the brief times I have seen him. Unlikely to sign for us though, as I guess he will be a target for higher up clubs right now.