Germany v England/England v Lithuania

andykeenan

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

God international weekends are so bloody boring. Bring on next week. 

Should have took yourself to a non league game. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, coda said:

What are they doing wrong?

Well, they appear to be Millwall fans for a start :)

Plus some of the England fans were singing anti German war songs. Its embarrassing. I'm not saying the guys in the photo were (although if I was a betting man I would say they did) 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Well, they appear to be Millwall fans for a start :)

Plus some of the England fans were singing anti German war songs. Its embarrassing. I'm not saying the guys in the photo were (although if I was a betting man I would say they did) 

They probably are horrible words removed. One looks like George Dawes he may be innocent.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lamest game of football. Watching England hasn't been entertaining since venables

The groups they're in are so boring.

Swop them and Holland in the groups and then you'd get interesting games....England playing Holland and Sweden home and away.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

The groups they're in are so boring.

Swop them and Holland in the groups and then you'd get interesting games....England playing Holland and Sweden home and away.

:unsure:

Might be just me but England seemed to have played every east European team in the last 10 years in qualifying...this one has Lithuania and Slovenia, played Estonia and Slovakia in recent times, had Ukraine a few times aswell and also Belarus.

Even if they're top seeds there's nothing to say you can't get a decent second seed in there to make it interesting as you see with the groups where Spain and Italy are in the same group and also Swiss and Portugal.

Growing up I remember the qualifying campaign that went right to the death between England and Italy...England went to Rome and got a 0-0. That match was built up like the world cup final.

• Like 1

2-0. Job Done. 

Southgate starts Defoe, defoe scores. Changes it up by bringing on Vardy and Rashford, Vardy scores 5 minutes later. Vindication there. Always dull games these though when the opposition don't do much ( fair enough for them ) and we don't have enough guile to do more. Not sure what a manager is expected to do in a few days training a few times a year mind. Still, on we go, only team not to concede a goal in the qualifiers now as well, though I suppose there's no reason why we should have. 

• Like 1

Think I was lucky this evening.

initially forgot it was on, switched on the tv as the first goal went in. 

Switched off as was sorting kids out after tea and as soon as I switched back on, we scored again. 

Watched for 10 mins thought it was awful so gave up! 

Didn't see much of today, but sounds like we did what was needed and nothing more. Shows how little choice England have these days that Defoe had to play. Remember the good old days when the likes of Fowler and Ferdinand couldn't get a game because we had that many top strikers.

About the games being the way they are, I do wonder if it's time we had pre qualifiers. Yes I know it may seem unfair for the smaller nations, but it would take out these dead rubbers

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

1 country 1 vote

the top 5/6 teams might vote for it* but the bottom 30 odd nations wouldnt

* im not even sure the top nations would, the english FA love a moral boosting 6-0 games vs a shit team, get some money in the coffers, as long as no one gets injured they wont care

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Might be just me but England seemed to have played every east European team in the last 10 years in qualifying...this one has Lithuania and Slovenia, played Estonia and Slovakia in recent times, had Ukraine a few times aswell and also Belarus.

Even if they're top seeds there's nothing to say you can't get a decent second seed in there to make it interesting as you see with the groups where Spain and Italy are in the same group and also Swiss and Portugal.

Growing up I remember the qualifying campaign that went right to the death between England and Italy...England went to Rome and got a 0-0. That match was built up like the world cup final.

Yes the qualifiers used to be interesting but since they expanded the world cup its a non entity. Seems unfair that Europe has 13 qualifiers and South American only 4/5

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes the qualifiers used to be interesting but since they expanded the world cup its a non entity. Seems unfair that Europe has 13 qualifiers and South American only 4/5

Its quite unfair on Europe. Conmebol has 10 countries and 50 percent usually qualify, was 6 in last World Cup

Europe has 53 countries and less than a quarter qualify

Edited by Zatman

Â