17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

On 08/11/2017 at 11:07, TRO said:

Martin O'Neil had his detractors too.

• He was very iffy in the transfer market
  • Arrogant in his defence of his principles.
  • played smash a grab football in the main....secured good away results at the expense of home results.

Not to everyones liking at all but did acheive 6-6-6 which is very commendable, but it could be boring at times.

It is most unlikely we will ever get a manager who everyone favours.....unless and oligarch or sheik takes over and ignores FFP.

MON is one of the best man managers out there. He can make an average player a world beater. But when it comes to tactics or transfer activity he was severely limited. Which is why he could only take a team so far in club football and is more suited for International management. 

Keeping things on topic he would be the perfect manager for us at this present time with the players we have and would probably win the league. 

However we are stuck with Bruce who is capable of getting us promoted. It's just going to be a struggle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

MON is one of the best man managers out there.

Well let us apply some Bruce logic here - MON finished 6th repeatedly, with a huge budget. Would not want him back here, even in place of Bruce. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

However we are stuck with Bruce who is capable of getting us promoted. It's just going to be a struggle

It really shouldn't be. This league is not that good, and we have by far the best squad. We are way too lenient, because he supposedly inherited such a mess. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, vreitti said:

It really shouldn't be. This league is not that good, and we have by far the best squad. We are way too lenient, because he supposedly inherited such a mess. 

I disagree. I think the league is very hard. I also don't believe a squad that has one only senior left back and 3 backup centre halves that have probably played about 10'games between them in the past year can be seen as having by far the best squad in the league. 

Not a defence of Bruce as he has to take shared blame for this current squad.

I highly doubt mon would come back here anyway so this converstaion is irrelevent.

If bruce was to go. (Which isnt going to happen unless we hit some terrible form) we should look at rowett, wilder. Wagner and Hughton would be my choices but there is zero chance of that happening while we are here.

Anyways i cant see bruce leaving until the summer if we dont go up. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I highly doubt mon would come back here anyway so this converstaion is irrelevent.

If bruce was to go. (Which isnt going to happen unless we hit some terrible form) we should look at rowett, wilder. Wagner and Hughton would be my choices but there is zero chance of that happening while we are here.

Anyways i cant see bruce leaving until the summer if we dont go up. 

Bruce is here until the summer no matter what happens.

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Agreed. I have no doubt what so ever that Bruce will see this season out with us.

For better or worse.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Probably right. I think the only thing that would save bruce is if we lost in a play off final just. Xia and Wyness would probably stick with him 

4 hours ago, sne said:

Agreed. I have no doubt what so ever that Bruce will see this season out with us.

For better or worse.

A horror show end of november going in to december could mean a new manager and some £'s chucked at him to fix it in Jan. Would be desperate measures in desperate times but still, hard to see any other option.

We missed the boat on Wagner and Nuno big time.

7 hours ago, vreitti said:

moot point.

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

A horror show end of november going in to december could mean a new manager and some £'s chucked at him to fix it in Jan. Would be desperate measures in desperate times but still, hard to see any other option.

what about Chris Wilder or Lee Johnson?

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Have I missed something massive here? In what sense did we "miss the boat on Wagner"? Did he apply for the job?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

Well let us apply some Bruce logic here - MON finished 6th repeatedly, with a huge budget. Would not want him back here, even in place of Bruce. 

I’m not a MON fan - but what? I personallly would have him over Bruce in the blink of an eye