17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

14 hours ago, terrytini said:

I spy a gambler ....a guy who has given himself a 66% chance of being right :ph34r:

I spy a non-gambler..... a guy who thinks that win/draw/win is split up into equal liklihoods of 33%/33%/33% -_-

Well, this next 7 days will be very interesting. If Cardiff lose tonight, and we do go on to win the next 3, by the final whistle against Leeds Friday next week we will be in second place. Albeit having played more games, but it swings the pressure back in the direction of Fulham and Cardiff to keep winning. 

However, Cardiff win tonight and it’s goodnight Vienna for Autos! 

In short, tonight is huge for our chances. 

If we cannot get 2nd (I don’t think we will) I really want to avoid Fulham in the play offs. I also hope ‘Boro miss out as I can see them being a tricky game. 

17 hours ago, terrytini said:

I spy a gambler ....a guy who has given himself a 66% chance of being right :ph34r:

better than a 66% of being wrong.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

She's a good wife that Hope

If she has a twitch, where I think you mean.....She most certainly is.

**** the football.:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I spy a non-gambler..... a guy who thinks that win/draw/win is split up into equal liklihoods of 33%/33%/33% -_-

Ok I give up....he said Cardiff will not lose to Wolves.......there are 3 possible outcomes, ( ignoring Form obviously).... why isn’t it a 2/3 chance TRO will be right ?

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Ok I give up....he said Cardiff will not lose to Wolves.......there are 3 possible outcomes, ( ignoring Form obviously).... why isn’t it a 2/3 chance TRO will be right ?

Unless of course you are referring to the fact that there are lots of permutations of winning scores and only a far more limited number of Draws possible ? Therefore the odds of a Win or defeat are equal to each other, but the odds of a draw are both less, AND only contribute to the chance of him being right. 

Which is all true of course, but not what I meant. It WAS late....:wacko:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Wolves have won 12 games away from Home and are on top of the heap.

come on Terry give me the draw......its not like a foregone conclusion.

I have put my reputation on the line here.....head and parapets and things.

you just want to see me fail and rub my nose in it......:D

ps ok ok ok what reputation.

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Anyway I think he is 100% wrong. 

I think Cardiff will NOT ;)beat  Wolves ...you heard it here first. Now one of us will definitely be right.....

whats new....:)

ps I have read his books, thanks to the advice from Eastie......He has to win.

or draw:P

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

Wolves have won 12 games away from Home and are on top of the heap.

come on Terry give me the draw......its not like a foregone conclusion.

I have put my reputation on the line here.....head and parapets and things.

you just want to see me fail and rub my nose in it......:D

ps ok ok ok what reputation.

Nah the Forms got nothing to do with the odds, mathematically.

But getting back to the real essence of the debate, I think Wolves will beat Cardiff, we will beat Norwich and Cardiff, and all sorts of malarkey will ensue. I simply don’t see Cardiff going unbeaten forever.

But of course nobody knows and how good is that to have something genuinely interesting and exciting going on !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Nah the Forms got nothing to do with the odds, mathematically.

But getting back to the real essence of the debate, I think Wolves will beat Cardiff, we will beat Norwich and Cardiff, and all sorts of malarkey will ensue. I simply don’t see Cardiff going unbeaten forever.

But of course nobody knows and how good is that to have something genuinely interesting and exciting going on !

I wait with baited breath.....and will be watching the game.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, deeps said:

If we cannot get 2nd (I don’t think we will) I really want to avoid Fulham in the play offs. I also hope ‘Boro miss out as I can see them being a tricky game. 

It’s vet unlikely we will play another in two leg game unless one of us complete.y implodes and finishes 6th