17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

51 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

Thanks for sharing. :angry: I had always felt that Wolves fans were a cut above the likes of WBA & Small Heath but it appears that in some cases they are not. I had no problem with Wolves going up but it appears that some of their fans cannot get over the heavy defeat they suffered at Villa Park a few games ago. We Villa fans can take this sort of offering when we are down and can even see the funny side of it through gritted teeth. We may be down but we're not yet out for the count. Good luck to Wolves next season (they may need it as it might not be as easy up there as some of their fans assume) we might yet be up there alongside you and then another visit to Villa Park may well be looked upon with some trepidation by our Black Country neighbours!;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Boro aren't that good although of course play offs are different to regular league.

We really struggle against Brentford's style, think it would be a struggle over two legs.

TBH we're probably going to finish 4th now. That would mean a two leg game v Derby, would sign up for that right now but don't think Derby will even finish top 6 if you look at their run in and the form they're generally in.

I think Boro will be one of the two below us probably in fifth. No idea who the sixth place team will be.

that Cardiff game for derby is massive now. if they win they pull clear from boro. if they lose its only 3 points between them and ninth 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Funny as it sound is think we would beat them over two legs, we will want to set the record straight against them. i cant see anyone but boro finishing 6th though. personally i would prefer brentford or millwall 6th as opposed to boro as they have a very good side 

I can see anyone of boro, Sheffield Utd or Millwall finishing 6th - far from sure it will be boro but of the 3 they’d be easiest to beat for me 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I can see anyone of boro, Sheffield Utd or Millwall finishing 6th - far from sure it will be boro but of the 3 they’d be easiest to beat for me 

I'm not so sure to be honest. Boro have some excellent players who can beat anyone. Being a millwall yes you have nothing to lose but you have to hope the opposition plays poorly to have a chance over two legs. 

We were so poor against them at villa park yet we still did not lose. If we had played anywhere to our potential the result could have been different.

Ideally I would want derby in play offs two legs 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

11 point gap to 7th - so play-offs secured. Don't fear any of them. 

18 points to play for thou.

but yeah, we'll make the play off

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We could very easily be just a point behind Cardiff this time next week, which given all the points we dropped recently is both promising and disheartening.

Fulham could go 2nd on Tuesday too - let’s hope Cardiff lose to wolves on fri night and we win at Norwich sat 

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We could very easily be just a point behind Cardiff this time next week, which given all the points we dropped recently is both promising and disheartening.

Not easily. In fact very unlikely...but possible.

Get booking the hotels for Wembley boys!

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not easily. In fact very unlikely...but possible.

Get booking the hotels for Wembley boys!

Let’s get there first!

• Like 1

We are finishing fourth. We will have to play someone pretty average in the semi final over two legs, and if we can't beat them we don't deserve to go up. Then we will play Fulham for promotion. It'll be exciting*.

*I'll be hiding under the bed...

Just imagine how Cardiff would feel if they lost 2nd place now! Let’s hope Wolves do us a favour and keep this race going a little longer. Cardiff Millwall over 2 legs would be very interesting.  I can see us getting Derby and I’ll be happy with that and in a one off game we can smash anyone!! (We can also get smashed)