17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, MikeAVFC said:

Just glad we got back to winning ways last night, need momentum going into the POs. Forget about top 2, I think Cardiff will beat Wolves anyway and that'll pretty much be that. 

I do too.

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

I do too.

I don’t but we shall soon see 

Mrs East is furious at missing her Friday night soaps as I’ve bagged the remote for a non Villa game ;)

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I don’t but we shall soon see 

Mrs East is furious at missing her Friday night soaps as I’ve bagged the remote for a non Villa game ;)

Mrs East needs some training from Mrs Tro....but it will result in you becoming a shrinking violet like Mr Tro

Unfortunately after 41 years my "little piranha fish" has developed some very slick methods of dominating me.....I have recommended her to Steve Bruce, to take some training sessions.....waiting a reply.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But so is Villa Park, in fact i would go and saw when villa park is rocking none of them come close 

I think we'd be o.k in the two legged game as we've played well when VP has been rocking this season.

More worried about the Wembley final tbh if we get there, probably due to all the no shows I've seen from us in the FA and league cup games with Liverpool obviously being a glorious exception.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think we'd be o.k in the two legged game as we've played well when VP has been rocking this season.

More worried about the Wembley final tbh if we get there, probably due to all the no shows I've seen from us in the FA and league cup games with Liverpool obviously being a glorious exception.

Is that the one where 2 players strap their legs together?......I hear its catching on.:)

sorry Chris, I have spoilt a perfectly sensible post.

Its just when we win emphatically , I go all silly.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, KSV said:

Wolves beat Cardiff. 

Villa beat Norwich. 

Villa beat Cardiff. 

Fulham win both their games.

Fulham 81

Cardiff 80 (game in hand)

Villa 79

4 games to go. We will regret not winning one of the last 3 games we stuffed up. 

The Sheffield United game at home really pissed me off.

2 - 0 up in that game and we ended up conceding two stupid goals and capitulating.

What i'd give for what should have been 3 easy points right now .

I still think we can nick automatic.

If Wolves win on Friday and if we win on Saturday we're 4 points behind with Cardiff to play at home.

Yes they have a game in hand but it's away at Derby and far from a guaranteed 3 points.

Still all to play for in my view.

44 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I still think we can nick automatic.

If Wolves win on Friday and if we win on Saturday we're 4 points behind with Cardiff to play at home.

Yes they have a game in hand but it's away at Derby and far from a guaranteed 3 points.

Still all to play for in my view.

Makes it more the frustrating we failed to win in those three games. But even still I cant see Fulham losing a game so thats the other problem 

• Like 1

Fulham have some tricky games still,  Brentford at home who are pushing for play offs decent win last week away at Bristol, Millwall away, and this Saturday Sheffield Wednesday away who had a very decent win last week against PNE.

I think its unlikely, but you never know, that saying Cardiff win tomorrow and my thin optimism will quickly diminish.

Fulham, Cardiff and Millwall have the three longest unbeaten runs in England at the moment.  Unlucky for us, but it would be incredible if they continue through to the end of the season and fair play to them if they do - nothing we can do about that now.  Can't see it though - there will be a game of bad luck, bad decisions or injury at some point.  Sadly it's unlikely to be both Cardiff and Fulham, but if we keep winning who knows - I'm certainly not confident, but keeping a small flicker of hope going.

• Like 1

You would have to be very very optimistic to think we have a chance.  Not only do we have to hope Cardiff lost against both Wolves and us (when they have shown how good they are against the better teams) but also hope Fulham drop points when they have a, comparably, easier run. Three spells of bad form have blown it for us. However, fair play to Fulham and Cardiff they just keep winning. I thought 87/88 points would be enough but looks to be more 91/92.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If cardiff lose to wolves and us and we beat norwich, i will let myself believe again. 

If they lose those 2 and at Derby, it’ll be very tight. Not sure where they would drop points elsewhere even though we need them to.

I’m also counting on millwall to beat fulham, but then to be knocked out of the race for play-off by Boro so we can face a team with nothing to play for on the final day.

Cardiff AND Fulham are not going to both go on a sudden losing streak. Even if that were to miraculously happen, we would have to win pretty much every game, including away at Millwall. 

We are heading for the play offs. From there we have a chance.

On 4/5/2018 at 13:37, avfc456 said:

Fulham have some tricky games still,  Brentford at home who are pushing for play offs decent win last week away at Bristol, Millwall away, and this Saturday Sheffield Wednesday away who had a very decent win last week against PNE.

I think its unlikely, but you never know, that saying Cardiff win tomorrow and my thin optimism will quickly diminish.

Cardiff will not lose to Wolves.....you heard it here first.:D

Edited by TRO