17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Wolves are taking the piss at the minute, making it look ridiculously easy. They'll win the league. I know it's only November but... Sheffield Utd imho have hit their purple patch already and from here on in will be inconsistent.  Cardiff will be very gritty and won't go way easy but they will lose games, make no mistake.  I'd worry about a bit about Derby. Looks like Rowett's team now.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would be suprised if we do considering teams on fire and we are still only getting 30k for games like today. Why the fans are staying away is a major mystery to me

Have to remember most teams at this level aren't going to attract the casual fans who want to see opposition star players live like Pogba or Eden Hazard, we're not just going to shift 35k to watch Ipswich plodders.

I'm sure our crowds will pick up second half of the season. Sheffield United will be a good crowd I'm sure, we'll get 40k v SHA and Wolves should be the same.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone brave enough to think we won't make top 6 this season then? One for the road or any of the doom mongers.

9 wins in 12, on course for 82 points aswell atm.

Was it really necessary to use my name to suggest I am a "doom monger"? 

Ihaven't missed a home or away match for 3 months mate and when I'm at the games I get right behind the team. I'd say not missing a game for so long and vocally supporting the club every week is pretty ****** positive. If I choose to express my views on a forum that suggest I think we need more time to be a real promotion threat then that's my perogative and does NOT make me a doom monger of any sort.

Just because I don't think we will get promoted it doesn't mean I see only bad. Why don't you have a read of my recent posts where I have been positive about our recent performances and results? 

In fact. Don't bother.

Edited by One For The Road

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Have to remember most teams at this level aren't going to attract the casual fans who want to see opposition star players live like Pogba or Eden Hazard, we're not just going to shift 35k to watch Ipswich plodders.

I'm sure our crowds will pick up second half of the season. Sheffield United will be a good crowd I'm sure, we'll get 40k v SHA and Wolves should be the same.

Isnt our maximum capacity 37k at the moment?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Would love it to happen but it just ain't going to. They are a cut above and are sweeping teams away. 

We will need to win over and over again and see them stutter quite badly. It's more likely that we will drop points than them. It's very unfortunate but there we are. 

Maybe if they got a few injuries... 

That sounded like you're offering your services. Baseball bat or crowbar? :D

9 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

That sounded like you're offering your services. Baseball bat or crowbar? :D

I'm not so good at the violence but if you want someone took at them in an EXTREMELY disapproving manner and tut loud. I'm your man. 

Should teach them a thing or two. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm not so good at the violence but if you want someone took at them in an EXTREMELY disapproving manner and tut loud. I'm your man. 

Should teach them a thing or two. 

Might offer a distraction at the very least. Every little helps ;)

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

5 of our next 7 games are against the top 8 clubs! 

Shoul be fun. 

Yep and if we are still within top four by that period i fancy our chances for promotion.

We seem to be creating that fear factor finally espically at villa park.

This is a tricky away game at leeds. Another place we lost at last season (sky are also showing the brentford, forest games away where we lost least season)

Lets disappoint those a holes and win again like we did at preston

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep and if we are still within top four by that period i fancy our chances for promotion.

We seem to be creating that fear factor finally espically at villa park.

This is a tricky away game at leeds. Another place we lost at last season (sky are also showing the brentford, forest games away where we lost least season)

Lets disappoint those a holes and win again like we did at preston

Not looking forward to the Brentoford game. It's the one team that when click, we really can't handle their style. 

Would fans be happy with draws against these teams away from home?  

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yes, that's true, but I reckon if we were playing like Wolves Villa Park woudl be full and the atmosphere would be hard for the visitors. Look at Lincoln City last year, after they'd gone out of the cup when promotion wasn't a formality and they were trying to keep top spot they were getting 11k at Sincil Bank. That's an 11k non league crowd, it all depends on how much you can capture the local imagination doesn't it? Season isn't over and if we manage to get into second and stay there for a bit then I think people might start getting more excited. 

We are going to lose a few, even keeping our current from up (8 wins in 11 isn't it?), but if we can keep up this momentum in to the new year we'll see bigger crowds.

Edited by romavillan

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not looking forward to the Brentoford game. It's the one team that when click, we really can't handle their style. 

Not getting ole'd against Brentford would be progress!

• Like 1

Good test yesterday, Ipswich were on the same points as us at 16 games played - the very definition of beating those teams around you. Leeds will be hard but again, they are at the same level as Ipswich and not to be feared. 

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Brentford are a tough team to come up against but lets not forget last year it was the first time players like bjarnasson lansbury etc were playing together. It was a team jumbled together. Bruce made a massive cock up there. We actually started really well there for 10-15mins then we absolutely fell apart.

You could see in that game the twam had no understanding between themselves and looked new. I think provided the teams fit amd jts back i think we can go there with no fear and aim for a point minimum

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Brentford are a tough team to come up against but lets not forget last year it was the first time players like bjarnasson lansbury etc were playing together. It was a team jumbled together. Bruce made a massive cock up there. We actually started really well there for 10-15mins then we absolutely fell apart.

You could see in that game the twam had no understanding between themselves and looked new. I think provided the teams fit amd jts back i think we can go there with no fear and aim for a point minimum

Agree we should be leaving with at least a point. I doubt JT will be back that soon will he?