17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

To quote an Aussie, my sentiments towards the rest of our campaign.

"For anyone on the downside of advantage relying purely on courage, it's possible."

We have to face our challenges head on and have faith in our strengths, to fear any opponent nullifies our own game by limiting our belief in our own abilities.

We are less likely to win automatic promotion or the playoffs with a philosophy rendered by fears of our opposition.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Wasn't derby the game where we played with no strikers and Onomah as our most attacking player?

Wouldn't take much tweaking to stop that set up. 

It didnt matter who we had up top.  At that time all the damage was being done down the wings (Adomah was our go to guy for goals). Derby were the first team that realised that and completely shut us down.

The point being that the system beat us, not our own play.

36 minutes ago, Nigel said:

It didnt matter who we had up top.  At that time all the damage was being done down the wings (Adomah was our go to guy for goals). Derby were the first team that realised that and completely shut us down.

The point being that the system beat us, not our own play.

I disagree. Adomah and snodgrass had absolute stinkers. Let's not forget we had jedinak as cb, no terry. Bruce bizarrely played onomah as a no 11 with grealish as supporting and it didn't work at all.

We had only hogan as a attacking tgreat from the bench. It's different now as with jt in the team derby wont have it as easy. Also we have threats like grabban and kodjia  now who are a real handful.

Derby have shown they are pretty poor at the back if you put them under pressure. We were out own worse enemies with that first goal.

It was pathetic play by Whelan.   

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I disagree. Adomah and snodgrass had absolute stinkers. Let's not forget we had jedinak as cb, no terry. Bruce bizarrely played onomah as a no 11 with grealish as supporting and it didn't work at all.

I know they had stinkers, i know the system didnt work but what im trying to say is that this was to Derbys credit as much as our own criticism.

As were a lot of the games 'we didnt turn up to', we couldnt find a way of getting around their defensive shape, thus we looked lost.

Im repeating myself now so its the last im going to say about it.

Play Off dates confirmed:

Friday 11th May 2018: 6th v 3rd, 7.45pm

Saturday 12th May 2018: 5th v 4th, 5.15pm

Monday 14th May 2018: 3rd v 6th, 7.45pm

Tuesday 15th May 2018: 4th v 5th, 7.45pm

Saturday 26th May 2018: Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Final, 5pm

• Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I know they had stinkers, i know the system didnt work but what im trying to say is that this was to Derbys credit as much as our own criticism.

As were a lot of the games 'we didnt turn up to', we couldnt find a way of getting around their defensive shape, thus we looked lost.

Im repeating myself now so its the last im going to say about it.

Yeah so system worked because our players didnt perform. Glad you agree :mrgreen:

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Thanks mate. Looks like tues 15th will be having to stay over night in Brum!

12 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Going to be nerve racking! I fly to Ibiza on the Friday 11th (wife and child in toe, not to party), so will be abroad for the semis. Need to find a good bar to watch them in! 

Just now, villan-scott said:

Going to be nerve racking! I fly to Ibiza on the Friday 11th (wife and child in toe, not to party), so will be abroad for the semis. Need to find a good bar to watch them in! 

I'm going to be a yelping, screaming mess.

• Haha 1

Gah - I'm in Spain.  On business but might be able to sneak away if Friday, but then would be on a plane during Monday's. In a meeting on Saturday's, but at least back for Tuesday.

Nothing in the diary for Final day. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

To quote an Aussie, my sentiments towards the rest of our campaign.

"For anyone on the downside of advantage relying purely on courage, it's possible."

We have to face our challenges head on and have faith in our strengths, to fear any opponent nullifies our own game by limiting our belief in our own abilities.

We are less likely to win automatic promotion or the playoffs with a philosophy rendered by fears of our opposition.

Isn't there another phrase....she be right? Kinda meaning the same thing I guess

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I live in Ibiza. There are a good few bars that'll have the footy on don't worry. 

• Thanks 1

Blessing in disguise this injury to JT. He was looking jaded and in need of a rest. Mile did fantastic the last two games. 6 points. 

Shame we didnt pick up any more during that awful run of games of late.

Norwich to beat Cardiff and Fulham draw with Brentford? 

Would leave it as

Fulham 82
Cardiff 80 (game in hand)
Villa 79

Following week

We have Ipswich. Fulham against an inform Millwall away. I say draw. Possible loss of points there too. Cardiff play Forest and Derby (possible point loss against Derby. Expect them to beat Forest.) Leaving us with. 

Cardiff 84 
Fulham 83
Villa 82

Going into the last two weeks. Still really unlikely to make autos..  I can see Hull beating Cardiff..  easy win against Reading.. Hull are in good nick at the moment. Fulham should have enough to beat Sunderland and Birmingham to rap up 2nd imo. We will probably lose to Millwall away anyway.

Prediction:
Fulham 89
Cardiff 87
Villa 85

Edited by KSV

If we can get back to the form of a few weeks back then I don't see anyone posing a major threat in the play-offs (I am assuming Fulham get 2nd)

• Like 1