17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

So Fulham have Birmingham and Sunderland to play in the last few games, both will be scrapping for survival, let’s hope Fulham drop some points there. And Cardiff keep losing.... there’s hope lads! Don’t give up on second yet! :D

Sunderland will be gone by then 

Second place has gone, we’re going to end up three or four points short I think. 

I just hope Cardiff lose or draw this afternoon. Fulham then play twice before our next match. If they somehow only acquire a point at most from those two, then ok we can consider ourselves in the race. I’m just glad Cardiff are playing first, it means I know whether to support Fulham or Brentford.

I suspect the players and the squad have more or less accepted the play offs and I’d fancy our chances in them more if we go into them in decent form, but without the last gasp disappointment of just missing out in the last game against Millwall.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks mate. Looks like tues 15th will be having to stay over night in Brum!

Yes. 4th is the most likely outcome.

But, hell, if we gain promotion, I don't care if it is from 6th.

Just get up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

23 wins this season, main reason I am not so keen to go up.

I think last time we won so much was probably league winning season

It is great to win, but a big fish in a small pond - I find it rather unsatisfactory.

To much like MU and Liverpool - that sense of entitlement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa82 said:

IF Cardiff win todays game I hope Fulham win later today, as our hopes of 2nd are gone, and I don't want Fulham in the play offs.

But if Cardiff lose, it gives us a tiny hope. But still not sad if Fulham win.

We need 8 of 12 games to end our way if we are to get second place. 3 wins for us, 2 lost for Fulham and 2 lost and 1 draw for Cardiff.

That's a big ask.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Yes. 4th is the most likely outcome.

But, hell, if we gain promotion, I don't care if it is from 6th.

Just get up.

I know it's crazy, but I'm not sure I really want to be promoted. I enjoy this winning thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Fulham play twice before our next match. 

This is really the key here. Most likely it will be gone before we even kick a ball again. That's even before you consider their final 2 games are Sunderland and Blues.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I know it's crazy, but I'm not sure I really want to be promoted. I enjoy this winning thing.

Gotta say it, AV, you are crazy. With a very few exceptions, we are producing average to poor performances against shitty little teams, many of whom have an entire team made up of players I have never heard of.

And most of the games have left me, even as a long term supporter, bored and sleep-inducing.

If we remain in this division, the most exciting part will be avoiding a steady, uninspiring decline.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

This is really the key here. Most likely it will be gone before we even kick a ball again. That's even before you consider their final 2 games are Sunderland and Blues.

Yes. And then Bruce can concentrate on preparing the squad for the playoffs.

Looking at the games still to play for the protagonists I think Villa have the hardest run in and can’t see maximum points being taken so I fear 2nd has definitely gone.

Bruce mentioned the Bolton QPR games last night as reason why Villa are probably just going to fall short and for once I would have to agree with him. He again blamed himself for not changing it after the Wolves game and mentioned the weather as a great leveller at Bolton. Hard to argue with that but it was the same for both teams.

For me Fulham are going to grab the second automatic spot and really you can’t argue with that or indeed Wolves being promoted. Both teams have been the most consistent in performances throughout the season.

However with those teams taking the automatic spots Villa are the next best team in the Championship and should have too much for whoever they play in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, striker said:

Looking at the games still to play for the protagonists I think Villa have the hardest run in and can’t see maximum points being taken so I fear 2nd has definitely gone.

Bruce mentioned the Bolton QPR games last night as reason why Villa are probably just going to fall short and for once I would have to agree with him. He again blamed himself for not changing it after the Wolves game and mentioned the weather as a great leveller at Bolton. Hard to argue with that but it was the same for both teams.

For me Fulham are going to grab the second automatic spot and really you can’t argue with that or indeed Wolves being promoted. Both teams have been the most consistent in performances throughout the season.

However with those teams taking the automatic spots Villa are the next best team in the Championship and should have too much for whoever they play in the playoffs.

I don't care what anybody says I totally believe the snow at Bolton seriously hampered us.

It would be sickening to lose out by a couple of points just because of some bad bloody weather. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't care what anybody says I totally believe the snow at Bolton seriously hampered us.

It would be sickening to lose out by a couple of points just because of some bad bloody weather. 

Well would it not have hampered Bolton as well?

Furthermore, what hampered us at QPR, and Hull for instance?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3