17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

36 minutes ago, Nigel said:

You are on fire today TRO :)

sorry Nige

I've said before.....I get all silly, when we win.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I must admit Boro scare me a little bit. Just because it looks like Adama is putting it together and if he tears our slow, old backline to pieces it will be devastating.

21 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I must admit Boro scare me a little bit. Just because it looks like Adama is putting it together and if he tears our slow, old backline to pieces it will be devastating.

It's okay, he'll rip through us then pony it to nobody and the danger will pass. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nigel said:

Us not turning up is Brentford not allowing us to turn up. Those 2 games last year they dominated too.

But thats the point we have not turned up to none of those games, if we did I suspect it would be a different story over two legs 

We have beaten the top three teams at Villa Park so we have shown we can beat anyone at home in this league. i don't think it would be Brentford anyhow but I would rather play them than Millwall/Boro 

13 hours ago, MONCABA said:

Fulham still have difficult run in. I'm not ruling out finishing 2nd just yet.

No they don't. They have milwall, Brentford, SHA and Sunderland left. Our run in is much harder. 

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

No they don't. They have milwall, Brentford, SHA and Sunderland left. Our run in is much harder. 

As others have said, 2 derbies and 2 teams fighting to stay in the league, all it takes is a bit of bad luck and us winning and we’re back in it. 

Please Note: This opinion is subject to what happens tonight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

They might lose at Millwall and at Small Heath on the last day of the season with Bloose possibly needing a win to stay up. They might, but it is highly unlikely they would and if it came to the last game Bloose would probably prefer to go down than run the risk helping us to go up. Of course even if that did happen we would need to win each and every one of our last four matches and Cardiff would need to continue their current losing run. Fingers crossed.;) 

Bought todays Racing Post and in the football section they highlight 'bogey' teams

Interesting to see both Fulham and Cardiff in there. As they say 'you never know' Stranger things have happened!!!!

IMG_0137-1.jpg.e68236e79d661c967145b4cff580bf1f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But thats the point we have not turned up to none of those games, if we did I suspect it would be a different story over two legs 

Sometimes you have to look at why we didn't turn up.

I'll take derby as an example when we lost 2 nil because it's one that sticks in my mind. They did a great job of completely nullifying our attacking play with a few tweaks to their defence to the extent that we looked clueless going forward. This wasn't us not turning up but rather them not allowing us to.

This is what Brentford have done to us 4 games in a row, only better as it suits their attacking game too.

We can't be so single minded that it's only us that matters.

It's for this reason I'd take any of the other teams  [bar fulham] over them. Its because the top teams will come to play their own game which we can handle, it' the ones that that use their brains that we have trouble with.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'll take derby as an example when we lost 2 nil because it's one that sticks in my mind. They did a great job of completely nullifying our attacking play with a few tweaks to their defence to the extent that we looked clueless going forward. This wasn't us not turning up but rather them not allowing us to.

This is what Brentford have done to us 4 games in a row, only better as it suits their attacking game too.

It's for this reason I'd take any of the other teams  [bar fulham] over them. Its because the top teams will come to play their own game which we can handle, it' the ones that that use their brains that we have trouble with.

But let's not forget derby were easy to contain to. They only scored because a completely idiotic mistake by whelan.

I actually think we were pretty poor in how bruce set us up in that game. We didn't take the game to them at all just like the wolves away.

34 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Wasn't derby the game where we played with no strikers and Onomah as our most attacking player?

Wouldn't take much tweaking to stop that set up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1