17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

On 12/25/2017 at 01:17, briny_ear said:

Plus the fact that two of our current striker injuries - Kodjia and Hogan - happened while they were away on international duties.

It probably is pushing today’s anti-Bruce meme a bit too far to blame his style of play for that!

My point was we get caught on the ball much too often.....subsequently injuries become more likely.

Teams who pass and move are moving away from contact.

of course they are bad luck, injuries always are, but there is such a thing as lowering the odds, by the way you play.

ps Kodjia's original ankle happened playing for us, but it was only a general comment anyway.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Could be much worse by Monday the way we’ve played this month .

I think 3 more defeats, including tonights, Brentford,Middlesbrough,Bristol City.

and he will be up the labour exchange.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think 3 more defeats, including tonights, Brentford,Middlesbrough,Bristol City.

Maybe a point from those games but even that’s being optimistic - I note his banging on about loss of kodjias goals - Bristol city have lost their top scorers the last 2 years in kodjia and Abraham but seem miles ahead of us in recruitment and performances . 

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Despite all the moaning, Win tonight & we're 6 points of 2nd

Very true. I'm personally losing patience over our form as of late. We're dropping a lot of points due to how we have set up imo. If I see a cohesive unit playing as a team tonight I might be more forhiving.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Very true. I'm personally losing patience over our form as of late. We're dropping a lot of points due to how we have set up imo. If I see a cohesive unit playing as a team tonight I might be more forhiving.

It’s all about results now - a good performance tonight without the result will mean little - the gap has grown  alarmingly this month already

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yep there's no way he survives that. Start of the season it could be partially excused because it was early on but we're halfway through and slowly sliding down the league which just isn't good enough.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

It’s all about results now - a good performance tonight without the result will mean little - the gap has grown  alarmingly this month already

I completely agree. But seeing us actually play the game would give me more confidence that we can pull through. As it stands, we're seeing our performances match our results. And yes, it's very alarming.

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

We have to keep ourselves well in the mix so tonight is now a very big game. Win tonight puts us 6 points from second. Let's hope come 9:20pm that will be the case.

Agreed. Time to buckle up and show some will. UTV!

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Well I for one think injuries have been a major issue these last 4 games, and a win tonight will give us a shot at 2nd if we can get a striker in and Terry comes back fit. 

We can't undermine the injuries true, but like TRO said earlier, I think our style of play has added to the risk of injuries. But yes, we badly need the likes of Terry and Kodija back. Is Green back yet?