17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Getting second is going to be extremely difficult. The 2 points per game that is generally accepted as the required benchmark for automatic promotion means we need 92 points over the season. We currently have 37 points from 22 games meaning we need another 55 points from 24 games. So from now to the end of the season we need to average 2.29 points per game, which considering we currently average 1.68 points per game is a bit of a stretch to say the least. 

Bold prediction but I reckon 85-86 points will be enough for second.

No way is Cardiff adding another 50 points to their tally in second half of the season if they're losing away to Bolton, they have lots of difficult away games to play after xmas.

Bristol will be bogged down with the cup as their fan has pointed out.

Derby ones to worry about I think. They keep clean sheets, have a 20 goal striker in Vydra and plenty of experience. Think they're favourites for second way it's going.

I think we'll come on strong after xmas (look at our fixtures in February and March). Just depends how far off the pace we are by then.

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Derby are going to finish second now I think but I think until it's mathmatically impossible we still should put pressure on. But need to win today simple as that

Derby bottle it every single year, so I wouldn’t be so sure, still a lot of points to play for!

We just need to come out of December still in touch with second

• Like 1

We won’t go up because we are really average, mid table crap. Going forward we look so short of ideas and we have strikers that don’t score. I’m not blaming Hogan as such but I’m not sure what the point of him is, he really does contribute bugger all. I don’t think/expect us to change manager this season but I think this shit is showing how poor Bruce is.

Edited by punkiller1981

2 hours ago, JNortonAVFC said:

Derby bottle it every single year, so I wouldn’t be so sure, still a lot of points to play for!

We just need to come out of December still in touch with second

We haven't been in touch with second since the first game of the season!

• Like 1

Well I was very confident of making top 2 a few weeks back but last few games have been a big reality check. We're just not good enough, not just on the pitch but mentally aswell. To hear pre match two rivals had dropped points, gone into a 2-0 lead and still not win the three points is inexcuasable.

Not even making the play offs though would be shambolic. That cannot be allowed to happen so yes a change of manager needs to happen.