The Manager thread

Xela

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How is that relevant to what Zatman said?

Because Mcleish did well for international football first time for scotland like o, neill? 

Tell me what ha so I neill achieved club level on a major scale? Just because he done well with Northern Island doesn't mean he will do well at club level 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because Mcleish did well for international football first time for scotland like o, neill? 

Tell me what ha so I neill achieved club level on a major scale? Just because he done well with Northern Island doesn't mean he will do well at club level 

Well like Zatman said he was the first manager to take an Irish side to the group stage of the Europa League. Which fair enough isn't at the top level, but if you add that to his performance as the national manager and the fact he's still young for a manager, it's understandable to see why people think he has potential and might take a punt on him.

It's not like he's getting the Man Utd job. He's getting a Championship job (if the link is true)

Personally I don't know why West Brom would look anywhere other than Chris Hughton.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well like Zatman said he was the first manager to take an Irish side to the group stage of the Europa League. Which fair enough isn't at the top level, but if you add that to his performance as the national manager and the fact he's still young for a manager, it's understandable to see why people think he has potential and might take a punt on him.

It's not like he's getting the Man Utd job. He's getting a Championship job (if the link is true)

Personally I don't know why West Brom would look anywhere other than Chris Hughton.

That's what I think hughton would be a great appointment for them. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Potter confirmed as Brighton manager. He has potential but cant help feel this is wrong job. Bad start and he could be out of job by Halloween 

He’s actually had a great season at Swansea which has gone under the radar, they have not invested in new players and he’s had to cope with a combination of inexperienced youth and demotivated senior players.

And he still managed a decent season, albeit inconsistent.

I think its a good move for his profile but as you say, a bad start and he could find himself out quickly, such are the demands.

4 year deal for Potter apparently.

Would suggest that they will let him "build" something there like he did at Östersund.

That could of course soon go out the window if they start trailing in the table.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

4 year deal for Potter apparently.

Would suggest that they will let him "build" something there like he did at Östersund.

That could of course soon go out the window if they start trailing in the table.

That be the fear, Frank De Boer got similar contract. If Brighton get rotten start the owners will panic but sad fact of modern game

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Martinez to Barcelona 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

:D 

Will be interesting to see if he is the one Messi has decided should "lead" the team. 

Interesting job the Barca one, all the blame and non of the praise, players run the team and decide who to pick and sign.

But the salary is ace.

Xavi to manage Al Sadd in Qatar.

Mentioned it before but I will be if not chocked then at least surprised if he isn't managing Qatar at the 2022 WC

Edited by sne

Â