The Manager thread

Xela

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I mean the top manager part

Look what he has done in his current post.

swiftly changing the subject anyone else’s finding it bizarre wba haven’t appointed a manager yet? What the hell are they playing at ?

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

So Woodgate confirmed as Boro boss.

I don’t know what else I can say about that one.

I bet he will be more attacking than Pulis

Robbie Keane assistant manager 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Whilst I understand the connection, I don't understand Chelsea going for Lampard. Surely the club would want someone more proven.

That said, it'd be fascinating to see how he does at Chelski. 

With the transfer ban. Its hard see them getting a big name in though 

• Like 1

It was his first season as a manager so maybe it's harsh to be critical, but I think Lampard underachieved somewhat as Derby manager, when you look at their squad they probably should have performed a lot better than did and been a lot closer to top two. Also his team selection for the play-off final was pretty strange. Even with a transfer ban you'd think that Chelsea would still be able to attract someone a bit more proven. That said I wouldn't put it past Lampard to surprise everyone and do a decent job.

Edited by useless

Chelsea have problems far bigger than the manager, remind me of us under Lerner but with better players so they are getting away with it

Fat frank won't solve their issues and with him being so young still he has to believe his Chelsea chance will come one day down the line, it doesn't have to be now under these asshole players, absent owner and a transfer ban, should stay where he is and do the same thing again next season with derby 

@useless I think his problem in the playoff final is he changed the formation and tactics for the Leeds away game which worked a treat for him and then maybe due to inexperience decided to stick with it for us rather than revert to what they knew (not that their usual tactics helped in our league games)

On 15/06/2019 at 08:22, kurtsimonw said:

Amazing how Chelsea managed to mess up so badly with Sarri. Outstanding coach. 

Is he? I don’t know what he did in Italy, but his selections in England were very strange. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is he? I don’t know what he did in Italy, but his selections in England were very strange. 

Chelsea are a mess, too much deadwood IMO.

It doesn't at all surprise me that Hazard's best season as a player came under Sarri.

• Like 1

I'll be honest and say I only found out yesterday that they finished 3rd ahead of world class wonder boy poch

Half arsed players, want away superstar, absent owner, media wrote him off straight away...Finished 3rd in the league behind 2 incredible teams, cup final defeat, cup final win

He wasn't as bad as the English will enjoy making him out to be

Disclaimer - I have no interest in watching Chelsea so I don't know how true this boring football stuff is

Edited by villa4europe

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'll be honest and say I only found out yesterday that they finished 3rd ahead of world class wonder boy poch

Half arsed players, want away superstar, absent owner, media wrote him off straight away...Finished 3rd in the league behind 2 incredible teams, cup final defeat, cup final win

He wasn't as bad as the English will enjoy making him out to be

Disclaimer - I have no interest in watching Chelsea so I don't know how true this boring football stuff is

Their away form was shocking after xmas....won grand total of two league away games from January 1st 2019, one at Cardiff which they were losing 1-0 with five minutes left and then scored a goal two yards offside and also 1-2 at Fulham.

League away results in 2019:

Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea

Bournemouth 4-0 Chelsea

Man. City 6-0 Chelsea

Fulham 1-2 Chelsea

Everton 2-0 Chelsea

Cardiff 1-2 Chelsea

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea

Man. United 1-1 Chelsea

Leicester 0-0 Chelsea

Just 5 goals in 9 league games, Arsenal actually won more aways than they did. Finishing 3rd was good finish but it was weird end to the season. Spurs concentrating on CL so their league form declined, Arsenal were in 3rd start of April and completely bottled it at home to Palace and Brighton aswell as their poor away form and Man. United of course couldn't even beat Huddersfield or Cardiff in the run in. Six points from those two and think they'd have finished 3rd which shows how tight it all was. Chelsea only actually ended with one league win in their last five games.

First thing Lampard will do to get Chelsea fans back onside is move Kante back to DM and sell Jorginho to Juventus.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Their away form was shocking after xmas....won grand total of two league away games from January 1st 2019, one at Cardiff which they were losing 1-0 with five minutes left and then scored a goal two yards offside and also 1-2 at Fulham.

League away results in 2019:

Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea

Bournemouth 4-0 Chelsea

Man. City 6-0 Chelsea

Fulham 1-2 Chelsea

Everton 2-0 Chelsea

Cardiff 1-2 Chelsea

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea

Man. United 1-1 Chelsea

Leicester 0-0 Chelsea

Just 5 goals in 9 league games, Arsenal actually won more aways than they did. Finishing 3rd was good finish but it was weird end to the season. Spurs concentrating on CL so their league form declined, Arsenal were in 3rd start of April and completely bottled it at home to Palace and Brighton aswell as their poor away form and Man. United of course couldn't even beat Huddersfield or Cardiff in the run in. Six points from those two and think they'd have finished 3rd which shows how tight it all was. Chelsea only actually ended with one league win in their last five games.

First thing Lampard will do to get Chelsea fans back onside is move Kante back to DM and sell Jorginho to Juventus.

I hadn’t paid attention the league, just know someone as a Chelsea fan moaning about Sarri. Those results are mental though, for a team to still get third after that. 

Definitely agree with the Kante thing. You have the worlds best holding midfielder, you don’t play him anywhere but holding midfield. 

Be a very big gamble for lamps to take the role. Think he’d bring through a lot of the youth though, especially with the transfer embargo. 

A midfield three of Kante, Loftus Cheek and Pulisic is still better than most in the league. 

Â