The Manager thread

Xela

On 27/05/2019 at 17:42, Zatman said:

Can only be good sign for English game that 2 managers promoted are English and not in the cartel and try to play good football

Who would be in "over the hill British cloggers" cartel anyway?

Pardew

Warnock

Bruce

Pulis

Allardyce

Moyes

MON

Any others?

Edited by Mantis

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Frank Lampard: “I genuinely mean it - if we were going to be beaten by someone in the final, let it be Dean Smith and John Terry. I’m close with John, I know Dean well. They’re fantastic men.”

What a bloke Lampard is, class act.

I like lamps. Proper geezer. I hole Derby come up next year. Good luck derby

• Like 1

So is that 6 English managers now in the premier league? Must be one of the highest amounts in a long time. Good to see coaching development is really starting to bring some through. Some of them have such innovative ideas as well. Look at what Wilder did with Shef Utd this year, be interesting to see if they can replicate it in the prem.

• Like 1

Should stay where he is, has time, Derby are a decent club with a decent fan base, can use his Chelsea connection to get good loan players and will draw players in to the club, slight overachievement if anything this season 

chelsea is a poisoned chalice that a manager alone won't fix

• Like 1

I don't mind Lampard but think the media are being generous to pretty much state he did a miracle job to get them in the play offs.

They might not have turned up in the final but Wilson, Mason Mount and Tom Lawrence are all good attacking players at this level and they also spent decent money getting in Marriott and Waghorn in the summer.

Rowett is seen as a satan in football management now and he got Derby to play offs last year. They also lost in play off final in 2014 and in semi final in 2016. Also should've finished in them in 14/15 but bottled it on the final day.

Chelsea job would eat him up if he moves particularly if they lose Hazard and transfer ban remains. I think if he can get Derby top 6 next season after this disappointment and having to replace the loan players they'll now lose that will boost his standing more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I know he is young but dont get hype for Mount. Everytime I have seen him he has been quite anonymous 

there was nothing to suggest he's ready to play a role for Chelsea when you look how RLC and Chalobah both struggled, don't think he's got what Maddison has or obviously jack

that pass for the RB to have his chance was perfect though

On 29/05/2019 at 02:40, Mantis said:

Who would be in "over the hill British cloggers" cartel anyway?

Pardew

Warnock

Bruce

Pulis

Allardyce

Moyes

MON

Any others?

I think Allardyce gets unfairly lumped in with these guys. Sure, same generation and somewhat dull football, but unlike the others he always gets results - has improved league positions of every club he's managed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrDuck said:

I think Allardyce gets unfairly lumped in with these guys. Sure, same generation and somewhat dull football, but unlike the others he always gets results - has improved league positions of every club he's managed.

Yeah if your club is in the doo doo Allardyce is a great option. Arguably saved Everton and even kept up that pathetic Sunderland team

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember him as a Spurs player. Maybe a little before my time. 

Cardiac arrest is an odd diagnosis. Most people have a cardiac arrest when they die. 

Bit like saying that you had dinner for dinner.

On 08/06/2019 at 21:35, Zatman said:

Justin Edinburgh died at 49, he just took Leyton Orient back into Football League 

Really sad, my hometown team is Newport and he played a massive part in getting them back into the football league.

• Like 1

Â