The Manager thread

Xela

2 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Looks like Chelsea are set to unveil Lampard as manager. Bold decision on their part.

Apparently the only reason they didn’t reveal yesterday because Facebook insta and WhatsApp went down !

have to say that is a really poor apppointment. I think he going to flop badly. Better for us if he does then hopefully means JT will have second thoughts on leaving us.

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently the only reason they didn’t reveal yesterday because Facebook insta and WhatsApp went down !

have to say that is a really poor apppointment. I think he going to flop badly. Better for us if he does then hopefully means JT will have second thoughts on leaving us.

Well if Frank flops they won't be going for another inexperienced former player. Surprised they're taking the risk, but who knows, perhaps it will work?

1 minute ago, MrDuck said:

Well if Frank flops they won't be going for another inexperienced former player. Surprised they're taking the risk, but who knows, perhaps it will work?

With the transfer ban Chelsea probably couldnt attract a big name for a club who needs major surgery. Its basically a free hit for Lampard

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

I think sarri was treated dreadfully by the club and fans. They really cocked that one up.

As for lampard I think it will go downhill very quickly. That Chelsea job is a huge one. The step up is massive. Look at solsjaker started well and then got found out very early on and for me was a disaster for them in the end.

I think he will be gone before season ends. Lamps I think will struggle but he can blame the transfer ban so as @Zatman says has a free hit so the pressure won't be as huge this year. 

I think Monk is ****, the signings always looked dodgy especially Fletcher deal. Looks like blues were aware of this and probably reason they sacked him. 

As mentioned Monk always came across as a prick especially after the derby incident

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Xabi Alonso got the Sociedad B job

Will probably be their main manager this time next year. Of course sentiment in going home but imagine he was promised quicker route to top job rather than stay doing same job at Real Madrid.

La Real got quite an exciting young squad going, already signed Alex Isak and Martin Odegaard this summer so certainly shaping up to be a squad a young manager can work with.

• 3 weeks later...
Â