Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

On Sun Apr 16 2017 at 02:16, Zatman said:

Kodjia and Hogan are not similar at all. Hogan is a behind the defender speed guy while Kodjia is an unpredictable menace that even our fans dont know what he will do next

We know exactly what he'll do, he'll ignore all his team mates to try and work an opportunity for himself to shoot. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KHV said:

I think he has looked dreadful most of the time he has played. He has done one or two decent things when he has been involved but for the most part looks nothing like a £15m forward. 

Amazes me to think West Ham wanted to fork that amount on him. Think they dodge a bullet there.

I'm still hopeful he'll come relatively good next season but I've seen little about his game that would worry premier league defences.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I don't think he is the problem. The problem is the lack of players identifying when to make the right pass in to him.. as I said Kodjia has pretty much made his own goals. 

I've done enough Bruce bashing for today, but todays line up was always going to make the lad look crap. 

When you have a striker like Hogan that makes clever runs and thrives on quick ball, the last thing you do is put 2 blokes behind that:

i) Can't pass a football.

ii) Are playing so deep they couldn't find him even if they could pass. 

I agree with you, Hogan is a good player, but he is being made to look bang average by the system, and shit playing behind him. 

15 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I don't think he is the problem. The problem is the lack of players identifying when to make the right pass in to him.. as I said Kodjia has pretty much made his own goals. 

I agree and I think in the likes of Lansbury, Hourihane and Grealish we have players who are capable of picking out his runs. It takes time though to build up those kind of understandings. 

I am sure Hogan will come good here and expect after a pre season here behind him he will hit the ground running next season.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree and I think in the likes of Lansbury, Hourihane and Grealish we have players who are capable of picking out his runs. It takes time though to build up those kind of understandings. 

I am sure Hogan will come good here and expect after a pre season here behind him he will hit the ground running next season.

Sanity

Hogan is a class player , his movement will create space and chances - Gardner had a great chance to put him in today but delayed his pass - the goals will come.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Should a player this expensive and on the verge of joining a prem team be so reliant on service. At the moment he literally can't do anything if a perfect timed pass isn't provided. 

I think that's pretty weak. Kodjia doesn't rely on that to get involved and make things happen. Other good strikers we've had in the past haven't either. 

Obviously a striker requires some level of service but Hogan offers absolutely nothing at the moment. 

This was a huge step up in his career, he needs to get himself sorted for next season. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Should a player this expensive and on the verge of joining a prem team be so reliant on service. At the moment he literally can't do anything if a perfect timed pass isn't provided. 

I think that's pretty weak. Kodjia doesn't rely on that to get involved and make things happen. Other good strikers we've had in the past haven't either. 

Obviously a striker requires some level of service but Hogan offers absolutely nothing at the moment. 

This was a huge step up in his career, he needs to get himself sorted for next season. 

Sorry mate, disagree entirely. The majority of strikers need service. His movement is fantastic and he showed at Brentford that he will score bucket loads when playing in a cohesive unit. 

There is a reason he was on the verge of joining a premier league team. 

In terms style of play (im not suggesting he is or will ever be as good) he reminds me a bit of Michael Owen. He's not as quick, but he isn't slow and he is always looking to make runs between defenders. 

Owen at his best wouldn't have done much with Gary Gardner and Mile Jedinak behind him. 

Â