Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bjarni's alright but he ain't playing minutes for us in premier league.

On the last page there was a poster who said he wasn't even championship standard who think you need to convince him more.

Im not trying to convince anyone. Im just telling you gays and showing you that different between this leaque is huge and you need players who has proove themeself on the highest like Bjarnason. If you have already decide that Bjarnason is not at Premier leaque level and hardly at Championship than i want try convince you. But people who has knowledge in this industry they are aware of his quality and what they think does matter.

20 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I like Bjarnason. As long as he’s given a VERY limited role (ie: just sprint about in the DM role, tackle, play it simple and hold that position), then I think he’s decent.

Unfortunately, he’s rarely stuck to that plan, and so I expect him to shipped out and probably play at a Europa League level team like Veretout was IIRC.

Yep, can see him being picked up by a team in Europe playing at a EL level

i thought he was ok, a better option than whelan and Jedi in games where we had high possession, the reading at home game was the stand out for me, he absolutely bossed that game, problem is smith obviously didn't fancy him much last season so that's not going to change now so we might as well cash in

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i thought he was ok, a better option than whelan and Jedi in games where we had high possession, the reading at home game was the stand out for me, he absolutely bossed that game, problem is smith obviously didn't fancy him much last season so that's not going to change now so we might as well cash in

He didn't rate him because he cannot keep possession. He cannot pass between the lines. He gives the ball away in stupid areas and he has no awareness to play DM...unless like you say we are playing against a truly abysmal side who don't come out their half and have 10 men.

He is not a DM and he was not a better footballer than Whelan in any aspect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What im saying regarding Bjarnason is that football in Championship is totally different from other football hes been playing in hes career and his ability are much more likely to shine through in the highest quality football. 

• Haha 2

Every time I see this thread bumped, I get excited and hope someone has put in a bid for him...  and every time, I'm disappointed to see its just a debate regarding how shit BB actually is.

Best thing that can be said for him is that he's versatile and we have a small squad. We'll need players for the league cup and to cover real injury crises.

That said I'd definitely sell him for  a decent bid. Doesn't seem to contribute much to the atmosphere of the team unlike some, seems a pretty withdrawn character. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He didn't rate him because he cannot keep possession. He cannot pass between the lines. He gives the ball away in stupid areas and he has no awareness to play DM...unless like you say we are playing against a truly abysmal side who don't come out their half and have 10 men.

He is not a DM and he was not a better footballer than Whelan in any aspect.

Thank you this is perfect. He struggled at DM against Burton when we clung on to win 3-2. Can pop up with goals now and then but such a limited footballer in every other aspect

3 hours ago, Jonsi77 said:

Im not trying to convince anyone. Im just telling you gays and showing you that different between this leaque is huge and you need players who has proove themeself on the highest like Bjarnason. If you have already decide that Bjarnason is not at Premier leaque level and hardly at Championship than i want try convince you. But people who has knowledge in this industry they are aware of his quality and what they think does matter.

tenor.gif?itemid=5544063

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, PatrickCousens said:

Best thing that can be said for him is that he's versatile and we have a small squad. We'll need players for the league cup and to cover real injury crises.

That said I'd definitely sell him for  a decent bid. Doesn't seem to contribute much to the atmosphere of the team unlike some, seems a pretty withdrawn character. 

yeah,I heard he was good at stewarding and slick on the turnstiles.....handy to have around.

19 hours ago, Jonsi77 said:

What im saying regarding Bjarnason is that football in Championship is totally different from other football hes been playing in hes career and his ability are much more likely to shine through in the highest quality football. 

Thor.

is that you?

If we're playing somewhat more defensively next season, there could be some role for Birkir. I'm just thinking of Iceland and the way they play... I don't know, just a thought.

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Thor.

is that you?

No, why do you think this is Thor? Is it because im telling you guys that he is one of few current player who has experience at highest level in football which will be very valuable in the Premiership? Please answer this if you have something logical to say.

39 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

If we're playing somewhat more defensively next season, there could be some role for Birkir. I'm just thinking of Iceland and the way they play... I don't know, just a thought.

What kind of football do you think will be played other then defensively? newly promoted team who will (or at least should) be aiminig towards keeping their spot in the league.

Â