Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

Cracking player in that position, could probably do a decent job at CM as well. Breaks the play up and can pass the ball which is sometimes lacking by Whelan and Jedinak.

The biggest bonus about him in at CDM is that he has energy to track runners, get forward when required and then track back again.

Nailed on in that position for me.

• Like 1

I can't believe some of the utter nonsense that was said about this guy. He has and will be a useful squad player for us, when played in his correct position. Someone said he was the worst ever player in a villa shirt he had seen (?!) He is not amazing but gives his all and has contributed. It;'s the same as now everyone is slagging Whelan off. Can't  we just accept that is is a 46 game marathon with players to come in and out of form and it will probably be our squad depth that very well may get us promoted? Anyway rant over.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Better than last week but still not reaching the heights of his 45 mins vs Forest.

Jedinak back in asap would improve us.

We’ve won every game with Bjarnason in there and are able to attack more quickly. I’m not sure how Jedinak makes us any better?

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Better than last week but still not reaching the heights of his 45 mins vs Forest.

On your own, on your own, on your own :wave: ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We’ve won every game with Bjarnason in there and are able to attack more quickly. I’m not sure how Jedinak makes us any better?

Because he's a far better player.

BB's done ok. better than I thought he would. But he's not the magic ingredient that has made us win games. 

He was decent enough tonight.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Like it did in the 2-2 draw :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because he's a far better player.

BB's done ok. better than I thought he would. But he's not the magic ingredient that has made us win games. 

He was decent enough tonight.

He really is the magic ingredient. Not “him” persay, but having someone mobile in that role. 

Again, that isn’t Jedinak. I’m struggling to think of how Jedinak would’ve improved us today. Maybe he’d have won more aerial battles. 

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He really is the magic ingredient. Not “him” persay, but having someone mobile in that role. 

Again, that isn’t Jedinak. I’m struggling to think of how Jedinak would’ve improved us today. Maybe he’d have won more aerial battles. 

I disagree completely. 

Youre talking like we couldn’t win a game before BB started playing. 

We’ve won 13 games this season without BB playing that role. How on earth did we manage it?

Edited by Stevo985

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Some people gutted Thor played well again :rolleyes:

I’m thrilled that he’s finally finding his feet. The more decent options we have the better. 

But I’d rather our best players play, and I personally think he’s not our best option in that position.

But if we keep winning I don’t care if he plays Donald Trump there. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m thrilled that he’s finally finding his feet. The more decent options we have the better. 

But I’d rather our best players play, and I personally think he’s not our best option in that position.

But if we keep winning I don’t care if he plays Donald Trump there. 

Just don't be making him a scapegoat now.

Â