Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No,  I don't think Gary Charles qualifies as a football player. 

Bit harsh, he was pretty good at right wing back until his horrific injury. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Barnsley Youtube said he had 11 goals and 21 assists last season from deep midfield which in any league is incredible. his range of goals are all different as well

Deep midfield? I just assumed he was an attacking left sided player, judging by his goals. He must cover a lot of ground!

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Barnsley Youtube said he had 11 goals and 21 assists last season from deep midfield which in any league is incredible. his range of goals are all different as well

I'm sure someone posted his career stats in the speculation thread (I'll head over and have a look for them) and it appears that last season wasn't a one off. He has scored and assisted every year, at every level he has played. This one could be a cracking signing for a relatively little outlay. 

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Ooooooh he's a lefty. Didnt know that. Interesting

That's the first thing I thought as well. I think everyone who we played in midfield this year has been right footed. Will be nice to have balance. 

33 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So he can take corners, free kicks, and scores goals.

Weve had nobody like that since Milner.

Its all rather odd isn't it ?

Has it really taken 2 owners and about 8 managers 6 years to realise that's a good idea ?

The trouble is that only 1 of them has been any good, and you could argue that 1 or 2 of them were not even managers. And the least said about the previous board the better. 

It does feel odd though, making sensible decisions, i nearly forgot what it was like to run like a "proper" football club. 

Â