Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yeah, i accept that......but i look at Arteta and Anchelotti and see the attitude change in their players from the previous managers and such a short space of time.

Attitudes are bred on training grounds imo.....sure it has to be intrinsic too, but its nutured, collectively.

Conor is a championship player imo....but the money we paid and the money we paid for so called better players, makes you wonder.

Smith said they are great in training. I think it’s simply lack of quality and experience at this level that is the biggest issue for too many in our squad. Connor falls into this category too.

15 hours ago, TRO said:

Yeah, i accept that......but i look at Arteta and Anchelotti and see the attitude change in their players from the previous managers and such a short space of time.

Attitudes are bred on training grounds imo.....sure it has to be intrinsic too, but its nutured, collectively.

Conor is a championship player imo....but the money we paid and the money we paid for so called better players, makes you wonder.

Totally different situations, TRO. We're not comparable to either of those teams, really. 

Hourihane was a cheap signing and has provided value in the same way that Hause has, but he's nowhere near as good as Luiz, Nakamba or McGinn and I think even Drinkwater is better. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Game over before it starts. I hope people come on here after the game and say i talk rubbish but I can’t see it. Complete waste of a player especially against a team like then away from home.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

It's the Hourihane I am a busy bee press. Run forward, stand 15 yards off your man, let him pass it. Jog over do the same. Rinse and repeat.

Absolutely fanny.

That’s the one, every game he’s the same, needs to be sold can’t stand the bloke

Selection just shows how clueless Smith is. Dogs learn quicker than him. Not good enough. Hasn't been good enough for 2 months. Why not start him?

Shot in the dark a hope and a prayer. At PL level it is unforgivable management practice 

Go just go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Selection just shows how clueless Smith is. Dogs learn quicker than him. Not good enough. Hasn't been good enough for 2 months. Why not start him?

Shot in the dark a hope and a prayer. At PL level it is unforgivable management practice 

Go just go.

I've been backing Smith forever but this selection has me flummoxed

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Too lightweight. Has a good left foot but not much point if he or the rest of the team can’t get him into attacking positions 

In a nutshell.

Â