Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am actually shocked more Villa fans were watching a podcast on a newspaper in Cork because I dont this has made any mainstream media

No surprise at the overreaction as normal

It's all over NEWSNOW Aston Villa, a source which shares news updates from sources everywhere, social media, and papers (such as Express and Star etc). Not sure what makes you think people would be watching a podcast in Cork.

A current player, saying that our Captain, and best player, is too good for us, publicly, in an unfinished season where we are in the relegation zone and "fighting for survival" are welcome comments to you?

I obviously don't follow other clubs, but i've never seen such pathetic attitudes from players at other clubs in situations like these.

Most players would even rather lie to talk the club up, or about ambitions etc.

Guessing you would be ok with Deano coming out and saying similar things about the whole team?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It is often said that a team is a reflection of it's manager

As often that statement is bullshit or Keane and Vieira be world class managers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Notice he’s been running his mouth off on some podcast saying grealish is too good for us

He might be right....but what an indictment on the rest.

Can you just imagine, Roy Keane or any Man U player, saying that about Ronaldo, in those times?.....it shows a lack of respect for the group, inc the manager.

The attitude on the playing side at Villa is not what it should be IMO

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Exactly the type of character which has us in 19th place and the easiest team to score on and the most passive, weak willed team in the league. Bunch of losers.

Championship player. Championship mentality. Just here for the Craic and the sing song as old Roy would say.

Bang on......and more importantly, its being allowed to happen.

Folk, will read in to it what they will, but I feel he had no fear in saying " Jack is too good for us" It maybe true, but its not his place to say it.....It smacks of lack of discipline in the ranks.

If I was the manager, I would take it as a pop at me.

Edited by TRO

He should be fined.

Could very well score goals that could keep us up this season.

Depends how hard everyone else works to give him a nice easy game where he can choose to turn up.

5 hours ago, TRO said:

He might be right....but what an indictment on the rest.

Can you just imagine, Roy Keane or any Man U player, saying that about Ronaldo, in those times?.....it shows a lack of respect for the group, inc the manager.

The attitude on the playing side at Villa is not what it should be IMO

Not just the playing side Tro . 

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Bang on. Bottler.

He's the biggest coward at the club.

More frustrating than actual bad players like Taylor, he'll try when it's nice and easy before shrivelling away as soon as he's dumped on his arse.

Doesn't matter if it's Man City or Burton Albion. If someone gets into him he hides away from the ball for as long as he can before being taken off.

He's just physically very lightweight and out of his depth. "A bottler", no. We would all look like "bottlers" if we played at this level. You're confusing quality with mentality.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He's just physically very lightweight and out of his depth. "A bottler", no. We would all look like "bottlers" if we played at this level. You're confusing quality with mentality.

We would? What?

He's a coward/bottler/wuss, take your pick. Hides from responsibility in any game where he has any difficulty, this is so obvious.

Watch him run behind players so he isn't an option for a pass. Watch him flick the ball off to no one when he's being closed him down so he doesn't have to shield the ball. These aren't technical shortcomings, he's scared to fight for the ball, to protect possession.

He could score the goals to keep us up if his ten teammates to do the graft for him, you're confusing quality with mentality.

• Confused 1

On 02/05/2020 at 00:59, Tomaszk said:

We would? What?

He's a coward/bottler/wuss, take your pick. Hides from responsibility in any game where he has any difficulty, this is so obvious.

Watch him run behind players so he isn't an option for a pass. Watch him flick the ball off to no one when he's being closed him down so he doesn't have to shield the ball. These aren't technical shortcomings, he's scared to fight for the ball, to protect possession.

He could score the goals to keep us up if his ten teammates to do the graft for him, you're confusing quality with mentality.

I think it sounds a bit harsh....but sadly you are right and I can't deny it.

but, He doesn't pick himself.

we have about 5 players in the squad who are not much better, hence the chopping and changing to find some consistency( speaking before we locked down of course).....That is down to the manager and his vision or the lack of it.....Conor is not a premiership player, he does not have enough to his game, to be one.

However, At no time during Deans 18 months have I heard any sign from him that we need a midfield General.....He keeps faffing around with lightweight midfielders and can't seem to see the real issue.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Sooner we sell the likes of hourihane and get better players in, we wouldn’t be in this mess at the minute 

Without Hourihane goals we probably wouldnt be in this league. We didnt look like scoring vs West Brom last season until he came on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Without Hourihane goals we probably wouldnt be in this league. We didnt look like scoring vs West Brom last season until he came on

Maybe so but he’s championship quality at best, he’s been shown up many times this season, he can’t tackle and goes missing more than he has good games, he’s a liability 

• Like 1

Â