Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think some of the players we have signed will be a part of an evolving mechanism that enhances our gradual improvement......but may not be long term fixtures.

Best explanation, and a bit how I feel.

I think we are also a bit too impatient, they haven't even been here a full season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Best explanation, and a bit how I feel.

I think we are also a bit too impatient, they haven't even been here a full season.

I can understand the impatience, blimey on a personal note, I have a vested interest in impatience at my age.

We are all so desperate to get out of this division, the impatience could be damaging our sense of reason at times.

I think we will see many more changing faces, before this team is ready for the road back to the promised land.

There has been much improvement in some aspects of our repair and very little in other aspects.we still have some way to go and most of our opponents are ahead of us in terms of  development time.

I see all the arguments and many, many of them have merit.

I am absolutely convinced he will get us up......I am just unsure when.

I understand he is going to be under huge pressure, next season.I just hope for the sake of the club, our stability and our progress, he is able to do it, with 2 windows.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I did say I thought he was a little over rated at Forest and perhaps not what we needed...

I know you watch a fair bit of Forest so I respect your opinion on the bloke, but is it not also fair to say he played a slightly different role at Forest? 

I've never really watched forest so my comment is based purely on his stats and youtube videos when we were linked with him, which point to him playing a quite advanced role. He seems to have less licence to get forward here. 

Without going OT, i could probably copy and paste that for the Hourihane thread aswell. 

On 4/15/2017 at 21:06, The Fun Factory said:

Yep- 1 goal between Lansbury and Hourihane needs to be improved next season. I would like a target of 15 for them combined for us to be successful next year. 

They had 12 between them in half a season at their previous clubs and think one since linked up at Villa. Out of 3 players we signed in January Bjarnason was the one getting into scoring postitions

Will another manager REALLY make a big difference, the previous 6 or 7 haven't? Who decent will come here? Let's get serious, we are a middling team these days. 

Patience, even Newcastle could slip up yet, we will all lose some games along the way. We are improving, we still have a way to go.

edit: oops, back to the Lansbury thread.......

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

We buy Lansbury, Hourihane and Hogan because of their performances in the first half of the season and then play them in different roles. It's madness, they are playing against the same opposition but are being made ineffective by negative tactics.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Sorry to say it but he isn't the player I thought we signed. I think he is quite limited truth be told.

I am not sure playing this guy most weeks gets you promoted.

Petrov, Jedinak etc say hello.

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Petrov, Jedinak etc say hello.

I appreciated them because I know the unsung work that they do...but Lansbury (with Jedinak behind him) I feel should be bringing a lot more to the party. He works hard and has a good range of passing but he isn't exactly inventive or dynamic...or he isn't showing it. I want a lot more from him or whoever is playing ahead of our reletively stable "back 6"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I appreciated them because I know the unsung work that they do...but Lansbury (with Jedinak behind him) I feel should be bringing a lot more to the party. He works hard and has a good range of passing but he isn't exactly inventive or dynamic...or he isn't showing it. I want a lot more from him or whoever is playing ahead of our reletively stable "back 6"

Well let's see what happens in the summer mate, at the very least, you should agree that even if he becomes a "squad player", having him a go to option brings alot more confidence than the likes of Westwood, Gardner etc.

I feel he has all the attributes to improve, and as most of them, will do after a summer and preseason.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Ah the Villa talk, has a bad game and then he is written off by a few on here.

Although he was pretty poor yesterday I generally think he has been bargain signing. Also I would like to add that when the handbags came out and the bloser players were surrounding hutton, lansbury was one of the few players from our side to go support hutton. Also he was the same with when shitton was trying to take the ball and gabby wnated it back. Give me that kind of player any day. 

Edited by Demitri_C

He played left midfield today....clueless by the manager I'm afraid.

He's done the same with Hourihane. What is the obsession with playing influential central midfielders out wide, can we not play some wide players out there instead.

• Like 3

Just now, VillaChris said:

He played left midfield today....clueless by the manager I'm afraid.

He's done the same with Hourihane. What is the obsession with playing influential central midfielders out wide, can we not play some wide players out there instead.

What made it worse was preferring having Gardner central

• Like 1

Â