Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Apart from his goal he was pretty anonymous, I don't think it's after one game that people write him off, he hasn't done anything since joining the club almost three years ago now.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Apart from his goal he was pretty anonymous, I don't think it's after one game that people write him off, he hasn't done anything since joining the club almost three years ago now.

How many chances has he be given? 

Let's be honest here the injuries are frustrating but he was injured a lot last year.under Bruce look at the crap football he had to play in. Lansbury was used as dm a host of times under that dinosaur.

I don't think he has been  given that many chances in all .honesty.

• Like 2

Well I hope he can come good, but alas alas it seems we've been waiting a while for that now, but something always seems to get in the way. His goal was really nicely taken.

3 hours ago, useless said:

Not done anything!! When he has showed hes best he has showed quality that not many in this team has been capable off.Perhaps Grealish.Anonymous? You have sleeping in second half :)

9 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Not done anything!! When he has showed hes best he has showed quality that not many in this team has been capable off.Perhaps Grealish.Anonymous? You have sleeping in second half :)

Sorry i meant Bjarnason not lansbury but hes ok

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How many chances has he be given? 

Let's be honest here the injuries are frustrating but he was injured a lot last year.under Bruce look at the crap football he had to play in. Lansbury was used as dm a host of times under that dinosaur.

I don't think he has been  given that many chances in all .honesty.

He had plenty of chances at Forest and was mainly shite for them. Nobody at Forest cared when he left. Quite why we signed him and paid him so much is a mystery. He has probably turned in about 15-20 good appearances in his entire career. Diabolical signing.

4 hours ago, useless said:

Took his goal very well, but also lost us the ball a number of times.

Squad player, a little lower in the pecking order than the likes of Neil Taylor. He's not going to pull up any trees.

If he can stay fit then he could be an influential player for us , he has the ability to change games , he's brave and shows a determination to compete. However he was pedestrian in some.of his substitution appearance's, which in my eyes is a  poor show .

Interesting to see what a pre season with Smith can coax out of him. 

Look at some of the players starting at CM in the Premier League, and he's certainly not way off the standard by any means. There's a decent player there, can do far worse than having him in the squad, especially when fit.

1 hour ago, KHV said:

He had plenty of chances at Forest and was mainly shite for them. Nobody at Forest cared when he left. Quite why we signed him and paid him so much is a mystery. He has probably turned in about 15-20 good appearances in his entire career. Diabolical signing.

If he was so shite we wouldn't have wanted it and forest were trying their hardest to keep him so that part of your post isn't true.

27 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Proper Lansbury performance I thought. Totally anonymous. Nice goal though.

I think at the higher level, you can't get away with that......You have to be competent without the ball as well as with it.

so many at Championship level are ok with it, but without it, left wanting.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think at the higher level, you can't get away with that......You have to be competent without the ball as well as with it.

so many at Championship level are ok with it, but without it, left wanting.

Was just saying in the BB thread about that and Lansbury. They're both in a category for me where if they stay or go this season I'm ambivalent either way really. We know what their limitations are, but after Grealish, McGinn and Hourihane there's a real drop off in quality in the midfield ranks.

Perhaps we get a couple of new DMC's to replace Jedinak/Whelan over the coming weeks and they fall further down the pecking order? Who knows. But as it stands I think they're both above JDH/O'Hare in the pecking order and if we can afford to keep them all around and they want to be part of the squad we could do worse for 6th/7th choice options and barring any injury crisis they wont get a game much, outside of the League Cup. We need to buy a team this summer but we can't buy a whole squad.

Edited by VILLAMARV
3rd time lucky

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he was so shite we wouldn't have wanted it and forest were trying their hardest to keep him so that part of your post isn't true.

Speak to any Forest season ticket holder about Lansbury and they will all tell you we were mugged off

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Most forest fans were annoyed that he left and were calling him a money grabbing Judus. He was generally considered one of their best players and one of the better midfielders in the championship. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Was just saying in the BB thread about that and Lansbury. They're both in a category for me where if they stay or go this season I'm ambivalent either way really. We know what their limitations are, but after Grealish, McGinn and Hourihane there's a real drop off in quality in the midfield ranks.

Perhaps we get a couple of new DMC's to replace Jedinak/Whelan over the coming weeks and they fall further down the pecking order? Who knows. But as it stands I think they're both above JDH/O'Hare in the pecking order and if we can afford to keep them all around and they want to be part of the squad we could do worse for 6th/7th choice options and barring any injury crisis they wont get a game much, outside of the League Cup. We need to buy a team this summer but we can't buy a whole squad.

I was agreeing with you, sorry if it appeared I wasn't.

19 minutes ago, KHV said:

Speak to any Forest season ticket holder about Lansbury and they will all tell you we were mugged off

I did....one told me he was a luxury player.

For the way I watch football.....I don't like that  type of player.....it suggests they only work when the going is good and usually only when they have the ball.

I like whole hearted players......that doesn't mean they have to be nasty.....Gordon Cowans was one, he could land a ball on a sixpence and still chase a ball down and win it with his classical tackle......Alex Cropley was one too.

Absolute technicians.

Edited by TRO

Â