Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

We've definitely got to address the keeper situation in the summer. Gollini has burnt too many bridges so won't be back. Johnstone seems to be similar to Gollini in terms of age and mistakes made. Bunn is out of contract. We need to make a good goalkeeper signing that can be a calming influence for the defence. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Frustrating that we let the guy in net up the other end (the one who could actually save a shot) leave us on a free transfer

Your thinking of Wayne Henderson I think, who left us on a free about 11 years ago and retired in 2007. Same last name but different keepers

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Your thinking of Wayne Henderson I think, who left us on a free about 11 years ago and retired in 2007. Same last name but different keepers

Stephen Henderson (Forrest's keeper) also was on our books but never made the grade, he's related to Wayne Henderson as well. 

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Stephen Henderson (Forrest's keeper) also was on our books but never made the grade, he's related to Wayne Henderson as well. 

Didn't know that, soz 

47 minutes ago, Strangeways said:

Why on earth did we loan our number 1 out and bring in somebodys elses youngster who is still learning his trade in such an important season......

Worst loan signing ever and one of the biggest managerial mistakes.

Thing is many of us were saying this at the time so it's not as if it's a shock what is happening now - I'm amazed Bruce decided on this .

20 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

Gollini although not great was better then Johnstone. 

He has been shocking since the Spurs game. The main reason i love the loan market, you try before you buy. Think we are all agreed we won't be buying this clown!!!

Shouldn't, I'm not going to hold my breath that we won't. Not with Bruce in charge. 

This transfer has backfired. We already had a 'prospect' goalkeeper, who was making the odd mistake. But instead of developing him ourselves we've shipped him out on a 2 year loan and are now paying Man United to develop their 'keeper.

And he looks no better or worse than Gollini. I'd rather have Bunn in goal to be honest.

• Like 1

Â