limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Apart from being at fault for losing jansson twice from corners, once where he scored and once where he smashed a volley off the bar?

Hutton was on Jansson for the goal.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For me the positive was that I genuinely started to see signs of that in the opening period.

So it's only right that a couple of our best players  leave for AFCON so we have to start over lol.

JV we get too easily closed down imo......they do not work hard enough off the ball

......the last 2 teams we have played hunt in pairs ,we go it alone.....so some players of ours are having an easy time.

• Like 1

We don't play as a team at all especially going forward there is little or no link up play too many players playing as individuals look at how  Leeds play everything is done with w purpose and everybody know what the next player can or can't do we have too many players trying to do things they can't Hutton can't cross the ball Ayew and Kodjia trying to take on the opposition defence on there own ,Jedinak can't pass the ball needs to give it to a player who will our weaknesses keep getting shown up against better sides we need 3/4 players who are decent on the ball because that is our biggest problem Jan is vital for us ,it isn't all negative we are putting in a shift and are picking up points we shouldn't  hopefully  Bruce can get the few quality players we need in Jan if he does we could really take off because we certainly have the nucleus of a decent side there .

Started really well and I thought if Kodjia had scored that fist minute chance we might have blown them away. We let them back into the game though a d the rest of the first half was pretty poor by both teams.

I somehow missed their goal as I was looking at my chips (oops) so can't comment on that. Looked like we'd take nothing until the double sub which really livened is up. RMC to his credit had worked hard after coming on too. Adomah pushed them back and eventually our new found pressure told with the handball. Again I didn't quite see it in the meleé but the reaction of our players straight away meant I knew it was a pen, glad the Lino saw it. Excellent penalty by Kodjia under immense pressure plus some dirty Leeds players doing their best to get in his face.

They almost scored, that shot took an age to drop onto the crossbar but we then should've scored twice through Kodjia, could maybe have passed to RMC for a tap in after one of the chances.

Probably a fair result based on how dire we were for the first 30 mins of the second half. I see a lot of criticism for Ayew in this thread, I thought he was our best player tonight, always working hard and looking to do something.

Midfield is non existent and Westwood wasn't that bad today. Desperately need to sign one if not two CMs to strengthen there as well as the return of the lesser spotted Tshibola. Jedinak seems to challenge for headers and not do much else.

Baker and Chester were decent again, felt NB had a decent shout for a pen when his shirt was almost ripped off his back in the second half. Hutton keeps trying hard but ultimately we need to improve. Amavi made some mistakes but we also put him under a lot of pressure as the midfield often don't show for a pass or pass to him rather than looking forward. He lingered on the pitch after the game giving each stand a big clap, could be a farewell? Wouldn't want him to leave for whatever price.

Beat Cardiff and 7 points from 9 over Christmas isn't a bad run.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

So would I and it was the same at Elland rd .....Sako was too quick, elusive and physical for him.

I honestly don't think it was physicality or speed, just total and utter lack of positional sense

He also has done next to nothing going forward the last few games

I'm not convinced by this team of ours despite the recent decent run of results.

There isn't a player I would'nt do a deal with if the offer was right.

however, we must be sure we can buy better and blend a team.

I understand the reluctance to keep changing players, but many of them are not without issues.

10 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Oh no he wasn't! :P

I've just watched it again. Not only did he lose the challenge against Jansson, he also blocked off (literally put his arm out and pushed him off) Baker from getting there.

Screenshot_20161229-223139-1920x1080.png

Screenshot_20161229-222911-1920x1080.png

• Like 2

Like so often last season and this season we simply don't score when we are on top and you feel like we will pay for it and often do. 

Although most people are happy with our defence in the main we hardly ever keep clean sheets. 

We were totally on top in first half and should have capitalised but didn't. 

Then they scored and we fell apart for a while. 

Subs should have been made earlier,  we may have gone on to win if they had but even after equalising we again fell apart but in the end we really should have won it but for Kodija shooting wide and a great save from their keeper. 

Jedanick and Amavi guilty of atrocious passing and Amavi was lucky not to cost us the game on a couple of occasions,  his man had him on toast.  £25m turned down? Madness. 

Kodija drives me nuts with hanging onto the ball.  Towards the end he was second last man with a simple back pass available to the last man totally unmarked but just hung on to it dangerously over and over again. 

We so often don't take the simple and obvious pass when it's available and there is way too much hopeful long punts.  We give the ball away way too often. 

However we keep our home record,  keep Leeds in our sights and now have time to make the signings which hopefully complete this team. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I've just watched it again. Not only did he lose the challenge against Jansson, he also blocked off (literally put his arm out and pushed him off) Baker from getting there.

Who is Baker defending there?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Shouldn't Baker be marking Jansson or in front of him and Hutton be at the far post picking up the loose no 17....Chester is covering the other one.

they all look out of position to me ball watching.

8 minutes ago, darrenm said:

how i saw it too

Â