limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

Whatever you think about Kodjia the pressure on that spot kick, for him especially, was huge. Top class player. 

why these pros pussyfoot around with soft tricks i dont know - eg benteke.

as ricky lambert said , its quite simple , just run up and blast it , which is what i used to do , it never failed.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Another game where the result far outweighs the performance.

we got a lifeline there.

totally outplayed.

......no wonder our first touch looks poor.....we allow ourselves to be closed down far too easily and in return, we just stand off.

I simply do not know how we got something out of that. The 

we were outplayed football wise , but we are at least getting plenty of chances, which we wernt earlier in the season.

but a big failing is the other teams are first to the second ball.

Impressed with Leeds last night in how they hunted in packs to regain possession. They won the majority of the second ball doing this and maybe it's something Bruce and the Villa coaches should note.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

When are we going to play well ? This run of luck is just covering up the obvioustairs , Imo , Bruce still has a lot to do to prove himself worthy of this great club of ours .

Eh?!

One of the most bizarre things ive read on here, well done

1 hour ago, striker said:

Impressed with Leeds last night in how they hunted in packs to regain possession. They won the majority of the second ball doing this and maybe it's something Bruce and the Villa coaches should note.

Think this was the biggest difference between the teams last night.  Every Leeds player did everything to get to the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Like the game at their place.

Just watching the highlights back, Hernandez and co were all having a go at scuffing up the penalty spot prior to Kodjia putting it away. Isn't that just absolutely disgraceful? Can players get banned for that sort of thing?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Potato heads decision to start Grealish behind Kodjia and leave Adomah on the bench could come back to haunt us. Still only 9th and once the teams around us have played their game in hand we could be back in the bottom half of the league again. Simply not good enough considering how much money we have spent and how many of those players have played at Premier League level.

I don't think the fact that we are "still only 9th" is primarily the fault of Bruce, to be honest.

As I recall, there was this guy called RDM...

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KJT123 said:

Just watching the highlights back, Hernandez and co were all having a go at scuffing up the penalty spot prior to Kodjia putting it away. Isn't that just absolutely disgraceful? Can players get banned for that sort of thing?

They really should have been booked for that. Quite disgraceful, really. I perhaps have different standards, and I know that sportsmanship is an old-fashioned idea, and plays no part in the modern game, but this sort of thing needs action by referees/authorities. 

4 hours ago, jackdaww said:

we were outplayed football wise , but we are at least getting plenty of chances, which we wernt earlier in the season.

but a big failing is the other teams are first to the second ball.

Absolutely spot on.....and it is causing a knock on effect to other aspects of our game.

We really do have to get a grip on this .....there is not enough intensive running off the ball, closing opponents down..... by not doing so we are allowing them to grow in to the game.

maybe there is a plan I am not aware of.

Â