limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Bunn - 3 Really poor. Definitely not the answer and not superior to Gollini imo

Hutton - 6 decent defender, enthusiastic going forward but cant cross for toffee

Amavi - 3 Awful today, out of position time and time again

Chester - 6 solid but very uninspiring distribution

Baker - 6 solid but lost his man at set pieces (looked like Jansson was Bakers responsiblity)

Jedi - 5 good defensively, nothing really going forward, runs out of steam

Westwood - 6 Worked very hard, didnt hide but wish he could add the odd forward pass to his game

Bacuna - 4 Aspires to be average. just seems to run around aimlessly

Grealish - 5 Flatters to decieve. Incredible potential but so rarely realised. little end product

Kodija - 6 Could (should) have had ha-ttrick Needs to pass occasionally

Ayew - 5 Not happening for him.

Bruce - 5 Working with what he's got but needs to get more from Amavi. Ayew, Grealish, Kodija. Westwood. Bunn over Gollini is a mistake and I imagine Gollini's confidence is now in tatters (and Bunns). Adomah and McCormack should have started

Interesting to see what happens in January

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Shouldn't Baker be marking Jansson or in front of him and Hutton be at the far post picking up the loose no 17....Chester is covering the other one.

they all look out of position to me ball watching.

Yes. But Baker was trying to get across and would have likely had the ball in front of Jansson but Hutton blocked him. No Hutton there means the ball gets cleared.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I've just watched it again. Not only did he lose the challenge against Jansson, he also blocked off (literally put his arm out and pushed him off) Baker from getting there.

Screenshot_20161229-223139-1920x1080.png

Screenshot_20161229-222911-1920x1080.png

I think others got the funny I was making but yes I agree.

When you look at that Leeds team how many of their players would get into the Villa side? On paper not many yet collectively they have imo bettered the Villa over both games not only in points but in game content.

Monk has done some job there and seems to be more tactically astute than Bruce while building a team that is much more than the sum of its parts.

That may be unfair on Bruce who hasn't had a chance to bring in his own players yet but I would still like to see more cohesive team play from the Villa.

• Like 3

I thought we were comfortably the better team apart from the 20 minutes or so after half time. Unfortunately Leeds made their period of superiority count and we didn't.

Our biggest problem remains our midfield and the lack of options it gives us going forward.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Hutton was decent tonight. He also can't be blamed for our midfield problem. 

I think thats the problem. Our fullbacks seem to be trying to make up for our midfield problem.

• Like 2

Very close game. Periods in the first half where we could consider ourselves lucky not to be behind. Your failure to capitalise and the brilliance of Pontus Jansson kept it 0-0. Different story in the second. Lot more impetus and more adventure to our play and had a goal to show for it- was then your turn to benefit from piece of good fortune when Jansson cracked the bar. We should have really added to to our lead but you came back- very strong options from the bench like McCormack who livened things up for you. Clear penalty to be honest. Cooper was naive at best- our second choice centre back who's a big step down from our first choice. In terms of how the teams compared- a lot of your players namely Ayew looked as though they'd rather be anywhere else. What's noticeable is the lack of team spirit compared to our lot who fist pump and high five with every block made and every corner won. On the balance of play, although it was close the fact we had more clear cut opportunities and were more threatening in our period of dominance, we probably deserved to win. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, DonRevieTheKing said:

Very close game. Periods in the first half where we could consider ourselves lucky not to be behind. Your failure to capitalise and the brilliance of Pontus Jansson kept it 0-0. Different story in the second. Lot more impetus and more adventure to our play and had a goal to show for it- was then your turn to benefit from piece of good fortune when Jansson cracked the bar. We should have really added to to our lead but you came back- very strong options from the bench like McCormack who livened things up for you. Clear penalty to be honest. Cooper was naive at best- our second choice centre back who's a big step down from our first choice. In terms of how the teams compared- a lot of your players namely Ayew looked as though they'd rather be anywhere else. What's noticeable is the lack of team spirit compared to our lot who fist pump and high five with every block made and every corner won. On the balance of play, although it was close the fact we had more clear cut opportunities and were more threatening in our period of dominance, we probably deserved to win. 

If it was a boxing match......you would have outpointed us.

far more business like about your duels....won most second balls.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

When are we going to play well ? This run of luck is just covering up the obvioustairs , Imo , Bruce still has a lot to do to prove himself worthy of this great club of ours .

He has said so himself....do you want blood.

He Knows, he can see what we see.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â