limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Choosing What?  And as for rubbish , what on earth is that I 'm having to witness week in and week out .

Sorry, meant to say choosy.

Really? You think winning more often than not is "rubbish"? Given that we spent the better part of the last 5 years losing I fail to see how anyone can have the nerve to call 7 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats "rubbish".

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Sorry, meant to say choosy.

Really? You think winning more often than not is "rubbish"? Given that we spent the better part of the last 5 years losing I fail to see how anyone can have the nerve to call 7 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats "rubbish".

Don't ' be so impulsive . Once again the football on offer is rubbish regardless of results . What as that got to do with nerve ?

31 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Don't ' be so impulsive . Once again the football on offer is rubbish regardless of results . What as that got to do with nerve ?

I'm not being impulsive, I'm just putting things into perspective.

The football hasn't been great but surely results come first?

Despite his goal I am struggling to see why anyone picked Kodjia I thought he was shocking, I keep seeing people wanting to play him central, yet he made very few runs into space and was easy for them to mark. So much so that they changed tactic to allow the bigger centre half to move forward and challenge Jedinak in the air. 

McCormack came on and hit a superb cross in and our CF was jogging onto the penalty spot. 

Adomah broke and we had no-one in the box

Ayew 1st half won the ball three times and only saw his back! Never offering to come short giving a different option.

12 hours ago, Mantis said:

I'm not being impulsive, I'm just putting things into perspective.

The football hasn't been great but surely results come first?

Results come first , for me , is a cliché. What happens when we stop getting points ? What will be the redeeming factor ? As far as I can see , at this present moment absolutely nothing .

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Results come first , for me , is a cliché. What happens when we stop getting points ? What will be the redeeming factor ? As far as I can see , at this present moment absolutely nothing .

I guess the final league table is a "cliche" then because that's what the results decide.

Well obviously if we stopped getting points that'd be bad but not getting points while playing well doesn't get you any points either.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I guess the final league table is a "cliche" then because that's what the results decide.

Well obviously if we stopped getting points that'd be bad but not getting points while playing well doesn't get you any points either.

Your right , but at least you can take some comfort from the fact the team played well , where as ,  they play crap and lose , your left with not a crumb of comfort .

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Your right , but at least you can take some comfort from the fact the team played well , where as ,  they play crap and lose , your left with not a crumb of comfort .

Yeah well we've been playing average and winning so I'm feeling good right now.

On 29/12/2016 at 23:09, striker said:

When you look at that Leeds team how many of their players would get into the Villa side? On paper not many yet collectively they have imo bettered the Villa over both games not only in points but in game content.

Monk has done some job there and seems to be more tactically astute than Bruce while building a team that is much more than the sum of its parts.

That may be unfair on Bruce who hasn't had a chance to bring in his own players yet but I would still like to see more cohesive team play from the Villa.

Monk has had more time than Bruce and took a few games to get going - from their first 12 games each at their new club Bruce has a better record - agreed monk has impressed .

Â