The 12 Days of Crapness

NurembergVillan

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

We did have some shite in that Diadora kit era didn't we? 2000-2004 we had such legends as Peter Enckleman, Jloyd Samuel, Hasan Kachloul and Bosko Balaban. No wonder I spent my weekends off my face in Godskitchen! 

Hassan Kachloul, I completely forgot about him! 

On 12/30/2016 at 20:36, NurembergVillan said:

6th Day of Crapness...

Nooooooooooooo!

article-1241372-0398974C0000044D-372_468

I'll be honest, i've watched us since 1988 and I have no idea who that is?

At a guess Djemba Djemba?

EDIT: already asked and answered!

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yep. Eric Djemba-Djemba. Absolutely awful footballer.

Ahhh. I just don't remember him looking like that! I thought he was chunkier and stockier. Oh well, too much beer over the years for me!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Day 8, and a wide player none of us had ever heard of but who all of us salivated over while watching YouTube videos of him taking corners with either foot and scoring 60 yard wonder strikes.

As is often the case with YouTube footage though, it owed a lot to some selective editing. He DID score the "atomic" shots in the videos, but only because all he ever did was shoot. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Aleksandr Tonev... Absolute garbage...

Excellent choice.

Guilty as charged here.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2016 at 15:48, Zatman said:

I never understood how Kinsella was so crap for us. he was very good at Charlton and never let Ireland down even when Roy Keane wasnt holding his hand in midfield

I think he was finished when we bought him. The rumour was he failed the medical but we signed him anyway.

24 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think he was finished when we bought him. The rumour was he failed the medical but we signed him anyway.

I heard that at the time.  I thought he would be a good signing for us, but all he seemed to do was stroll around pointing - it was like his brain could still read the game well but his legs just couldn't do anything about it.

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Day 8, and a wide player none of us had ever heard of but who all of us salivated over while watching YouTube videos of him taking corners with either foot and scoring 60 yard wonder strikes.

As is often the case with YouTube footage though, it owed a lot to some selective editing. He DID score the "atomic" shots in the videos, but only because all he ever did was shoot. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Aleksandr Tonev... Absolute garbage...

Aleksandar-Tonev-of-Aston-Villa-fires-a-

Just for context, it may look in this image  like the ball is going in the vague direction that Tonev intended however this shot actually damaged Jordan Bowery's wheelchair, which was parked in the North Stand car park. 

An unsavoury event, best forgotten. Clark was devastated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

In fairness to f'Kinsella, whilst he was absolutely awful for us, he did at least liven up a reserve game at Bescot by swinging a number of haymakers at a much bigger fella and getting himself into such a mood he had to tear his shirt off in fury. That's entertainment.

Good call on Tonev.

Never mind his atomic shots, he was an abomination of a player

I'd be tempted to include Salifou as well. How he stayed here that long is bizarre, I can only think he was being kept as a slave. 

• Like 1

Was against Norwich IIRC where he seemed to have about 3 shots that ended in row Z and still all he did was smash it. You would think you would keep your head down after that and keep it simple...but no. Shooòooot!

Not sure if he was just delusional about his ability, ridiculously self confident or borderline retarded.

Â