The 12 Days of Crapness

NurembergVillan

I enjoyed making the VT advent calendar thread, and Limpid suggested to make a 12 Days of Crapness to serve as an antidote to some of the superb names listed as the best for each squad number.

My self-inflicted rules on this one are to choose a player for each position and one substitute, completing the 12 Days of Crapness.

I'll start in goal, and to be honest I'll do well to find anyone worse than this scruffy bastard.  Jesus wept...

070102-022-Villa-Chelsea.jpg

22 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I enjoyed making the VT advent calendar thread, and Limpid suggested to make a 12 Days of Crapness to serve as an antidote to some of the superb names listed as the best for each squad number.

My self-inflicted rules on this one are to choose a player for each position and one substitute, completing the 12 Days of Crapness.

I'll start in goal, and to be honest I'll do well to find anyone worse than this scruffy bastard.  Jesus wept...

If memory serves, he wasn't that bad particularly for Palace

30 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Peter Enckleman says hello. He would get my vote, not only for that goal but because he had absolutely no bottle whatsoever which is incompatible with being a keeper.

Besides Gabor Kiraly was only on loan if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Peter Enckleman says hello. He would get my vote, not only for that goal but because he had absolutely no bottle whatsoever which is incompatible with being a keeper.

Besides Gabor Kiraly was only on loan if I recall correctly.

Peter Enckelman was never that bad from what I remember but of course, he'll always be remembered for one reason, in a Villa shirt anyway

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Peter Enckelman was never that bad from what I remember but of course, he'll always be remembered for one reason, in a Villa shirt anyway

Sorry mate but Enkleman in goal was like a kangaroo in headlights. 

• Like 1

Enckleman for me too. 

Kiraly has had a weird career, still playing now and represented Hungary in the Euros this year I believe. He had actually played pretty well before he joined us, and then he was absolutely dreadful for us. 

But Enckleman wins it for that goal

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sorry mate but Enkleman in goal was like a kangaroo in headlights. 

Not in my opinion, I was only 8 years old when he joined us and 13 years old when he left, he was decent. He played 52 times for our first team according to Wikipedia that's an achievement in itself

46 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not in my opinion, I was only 8 years old when he joined us and 13 years old when he left, he was decent. He played 52 times for our first team according to Wikipedia that's an achievement in itself

52 times over 4 years is not an achievement mate, but each to their own

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't think we have had any genuinely awful goalkeepers. I am confident that we have had some crackers in the outfield positions. 

the striker, full back positions and centre midfield should be a good laugh

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The day that Blues fan came onto the pitch to publicly mock him summed him up to be honest. A very weak goalkeeper. That GT season was up there for the very worst.

As a number two Enckleman wasn't all that bad, he was pretty decent when he stepped in in place of the Scheimicheal for a run of games in the 2000-2001 season, if I remember correctly. However the following season as a number 1 was an utter car crash, aside from letting in some poor goals you had those two unforgivable errors in both games against Blues.

I actually thought his replacement, Tommy Sorensen, was an awful keeper for us too but Enckleman really stands out based on the errors he made.

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The day that Blues fan came onto the pitch to publicly mock him summed him up to be honest. A very weak goalkeeper. That GT season was up there for the very worst.

Ok, I have vague memories of it, thanks for giving your opinion on the matter 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As a number two Enckleman wasn't all that bad, he was pretty decent when he stepped in in place of the Scheimicheal for a run of games in the 2000-2001 season, if I remember correctly. However the following season as a number 1 was an utter car crash, aside from letting in some poor goals you had those two unforgivable errors in both games against Blues.

I actually thought his replacement, Tommy Sorensen, was an awful keeper for us too but Enckleman really stands out based on the errors he made.

I didn't think Sorensen was awful, in my opinion, he was a very good goalkeeper, why did you think he was awful?

Â