The 12 Days of Crapness

NurembergVillan

6 hours ago, One For The Road said:

It's N'Zogbia playing out of position. Given we are still on defenders.

If we are still talking about defenders then Habib Beye has to be one of the worst waste of moneys ever, encapsulating some of the things that were wrong about the MON era and you can add Nicky Shorey, Stephen Warnock, Curtis Davies and Luke Young to the list of players who never saw any real worth in a Villa shirt whether you blame them or you blame MON.

Some would also say Zat Knight but he's by no means the worse!

Surely no argument on the 4th day of Christmas?!

A man so desperate to leave after his Mrs realised Birmingham wasn't in Merseyside he was photographed taking his shirt off during the press shoot.

Anyone ever wondered if his agent (or anyone else for that matter) got paid twice that summer?

IMG_0828.JPG

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He so was. I find it unbelievable his name is anywhere near this thread. 

Are people confusing him with Bernard Gallagher? 

Whilst I agree that he shouldn't be included in this thread, he was only ever an average player for us. You can't put his name anywhere near players like McGrath, Laursen or Mellberg.

39 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Whilst I agree that he shouldn't be included in this thread, he was only ever an average player for us. You can't put his name anywhere near players like McGrath, Laursen or Mellberg.

Delaney was a superb defender for us. Whilst the 3 names you mentioned were the best 3 we have had in the Premier League, I'd certainly call Delaney one of the best. In the top 10 for sure.

Edited by One For The Road

6 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Delaney was a superb defender for us. Whilst the 3 names you mentioned were the best 3 we have had in the Premier League, I'd certainly call Delaney one of the best. In the top 10 for sure.

I'm sorry my friend but I can't agree - on a par with someone like Luke Young IMO.

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'm sorry my friend but I can't agree - on a par with someone like Luke Young IMO.

Delaney on par with Luke Young? What on Earth? That's scandalous! ;)

He was even number 2 on the VT advent calender thread. He was very good at Villa and far better than Luke bloody Young.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Well no,  but they are central defenders.

On 27/12/2016 at 12:44, VillanousOne said:

Surely Liam Ridgewell was worse?

He also had the added bonus of looking like he'd bobbed for apples in a boiling chip pan.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

If we are still talking about defenders then Habib Beye has to be one of the worst waste of moneys ever, encapsulating some of the things that were wrong about the MON era

Good call! 

A complete waste of money and (high) wages!

Â