The 12 Days of Crapness

NurembergVillan

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He made loads of mistakes and let in a lot of soft goals, simply not reliable.

Every goalkeeper makes mistakes, it's a given (no pun intended), in my opinion, he was great for us and probably all the other clubs he has played at. He had an aura, he dominated his penalty area and he played for Denmark 101 times! 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Every goalkeeper makes mistakes, it's a given (no pun intended), in my opinion, he was great for us and probably all the other clubs he has played at. He had an aura, he dominated his penalty area and he played for Denmark 101 times! 

He really wasn't great and certainly didn't dominate his area, he had continual issues communicating with Mellberg and let in soft goals from crosses he should have claimed.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He really wasn't great and certainly didn't dominate his area, he had continual issues communicating with Mellberg and let in soft goals from crosses he should have claimed.

He played 101 times for Denmark! He must have had something about him, from what I remember, he was great 

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

We didn't, Manchester City did.

Thank God for that. I must admit he's probably one of the biggest let downs we've ever signed. I really thought he was gonna be a massive player for us and see out his career. Instead he was a complete joke. 

PS I think Sorensen was an average keeper. Had a few bad days but also had some good ones.

Edited by Fowlersrs

1 minute ago, Fowlersrs said:

Thank God for that. I must admit he's probably one of the biggest let downs we've ever signed. I really thought he was gonna be a massive player for us and see out his career. Instead he was a complete joke. 

Agreed.

With the (rather long) shortlist I've put together for this thread, I'm definitely drawn towards letdowns like Ginola and Collymore than some of the genuine tripe we've witnessed.

Sadly Lescott was both...

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If you are going for three at the back it has to be Unsworth on the left side!

I was thinking that, but reckon I need to focus on people who played for us at least a couple of times.  I might throw him in there though, because he was like a Christmas present that took itself back to the job.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As a number two Enckleman wasn't all that bad, he was pretty decent when he stepped in in place of the Scheimicheal for a run of games in the 2000-2001 season, if I remember correctly. However the following season as a number 1 was an utter car crash, aside from letting in some poor goals you had those two unforgivable errors in both games against Blues.

I actually thought his replacement, Tommy Sorensen, was an awful keeper for us too but Enckleman really stands out based on the errors he made.

I remember Enckelman was in goal for a game at Arsenal we were winning 2-0 at half time and still lost, think he made a bad kick in that game

think Sorensen gets a bad time from hans, he wasnt as bad as people made out

• Like 1

Â