The 12 Days of Crapness

NurembergVillan

On 28/12/2016 at 00:02, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was very good and he now works with the u16s

No he wasn't crap overall, but he gave away more penalties than any other defender I can remember and all the same way

but yes agreed he should be nowhere near this list

17 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

The 7th Day of Crapness, and another one from the Diadora/Rover kit era...

16149-zoom.jpg

It may be an idea to put the players names above the pictures. Our younger fans may not be familiar with them. Even I had to think. Øyvind Leonhardsen isn't it?

Edited by One For The Road

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

No he wasn't crap overall, but he gave away more penalties than any other defender I can remember and all the same way

but yes agreed he should be nowhere near this list

not mixing him up with Ridgewell who gave penalties away for fun

46 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

It may be an idea to put the players names above the pictures. Our younger fans may not be familiar with them. Even I had to think. Øyvind Leonhardsen isn't it?

he scored 3 goals in 19 appearences and was a free transfer, so not sure he was as crap as some others

4 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Yes please. I am an older fan but have not recognised who some of the players are and have to piece it together from others comments. 

Maybe they were so crap that I have actually blocked them from my mind. 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

We did have some shite in that Diadora kit era didn't we? 2000-2004 we had such legends as Peter Enckleman, Jloyd Samuel, Hasan Kachloul and Bosko Balaban. No wonder I spent my weekends off my face in Godskitchen! 

Yet the football was far better then we served up in recent years!

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

True, it's all relative I suppose. We never knew how good we had it. I remember being annoyed that we'd finished 6th under O'Leary. 

Same. I was furious we never pushed on from 6th under MON and cracked the top 4. 

• Like 1

On 29/12/2016 at 20:49, randy_69 said:

Midfield?

2 suggestions:

sasa curcic 

and the name that should never be uttered...Steve hodge (for obvious reasons)

I quite liked Sasa Curcic, but I was only a kid back then so probably misguided in my judgement of him.

• Like 1

Â