The 12 Days of Crapness

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, Xela said:

C Cole and De Bilde were just loan players so can't counted IMO

Balaban must be the other striker. 

Cole played for us on 30 occasions, so he's arguably more of a contender than Balaban as he was given more of a chance.

In fact - Day 11, and it IS Carlton Cole.  He looked superb on his debut against and thereafter truly earned his nickname Cant Control.  Absolute dogshite.

13659-zoom.jpg

• Like 2

So, a Crap XI for Christmas!

• GK - KIRALY, Gabor
  • CB - LESCOTT, Joleon
  • CB - SCIMECA, Riccardo
  • CB - UNSWORTH, David
  • CM - KINSELLA, Mark
  • CM - DJEMBA DJEMBA, Eric
  • CM - LEONHARDSEN, Oyvind
  • RM - TONEV, Aleksandr
  • LM - PIRES, Robert
  • ST - BOWERY, Jordan
  • ST - CONTROL, Cant

There's still a 12th day of Crapness to go, so it's over to you.  Your nominations please for anyone I've left out who deserves a place in this shameful shower of shite.

What a great thread! Brings back loads of memories of players we all dreamed would be great but in reality weren't.

we should have a nostalgia 11, mainly so I can dream of the days of Alan wright, houghton, Draper, Ehiougu and Milosovic.

Also a great premier league 11, tho can only think of Mellberg and Laursen for that, oh no, Carew and Young, maybe JPA, great striker wrong time. Crap, Barry and Milner too.... 

• Like 1

Just now, Tommo_b said:

What a great thread! Brings back loads of memories of players we all dreamed would be great but in reality weren't.

we should have a nostalgia 11, mainly so I can dream of the days of Alan wright, houghton, Draper, Ehiougu and Milosovic.

Also a great premier league 11, tho can only think of Mellberg and Laursen for that, oh no, Carew and Young, maybe JPA, great striker wrong time. Crap, Barry and Milner too.... 

Here you go!  Squad number era only - 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Michael boulding (lm)

peter enklemen (gk)

didier agathe (rb)

eirik bakke (cm)

grayhib (lb)

off the top of my head

edit: chuck in tony cascarino too (donkey)

forgot about agathe, good shout. Maybe I'm being harsh on Jlloyd. Then again maybe not :D

• Like 1

What a debut though, him and Darius Vassell absolutely bossing it. 2-0 vs Southampton IIRC? I don't think he scored again until Portsmouth in December time. 

Honestly, Leonhardsen and Scimeca shouldn't be anywhere near this team. I can only assume it's so you don't have to name too many players from the last 12 months!

My nominee for the substitutes bench would be Micah Richards. The absolute epitome of everything that was wrong with this club over the last 6 years. Shit attitude, injuries, **** joke of a player. 

Ormondroyd and Scimeca are the only names I've read so far, that I think are a little unfair. I didn't mind either, and would actually give Ormondroyd cult status.

On a similar note, I was trying to think of a snakes / money grabbing XI. Not saying any of these were bad (or even wrong in hindsight), but here's what I got so far:

GK Bosnich

RB ?
CB Undsworth
CB ?
LB Staunton

RM Downing
CM Hodge
CM Delph
LM Barry

ST Yorke
ST ?

Anyone make suggestions to fill in the blanks?

I've definitely had second thoughts on Scimeca.  He did always try, and went on to have a good career really.  I always felt he just wasn't anywhere near the standard of central defenders he was playing alongside, and was too slow.  He was far better than Richards and post-injuries Okore though I suppose.

I'm standing by Leonhardsen though.  I tried to find the quote from GT at the time saying he went to watch a Spurs reserve match, saw Leonhardsen on the team sheet and though "I forgot he was still playing" and signed him.  Bizarre.

A few other names I had on the list were Isaiah Osbourne, Dave Farrell, Simon Dawkins, Carl Tiler, Yacouba Sylla, Salifou (I can't even remember his first name), Emile Heskey, Alan Lee, Fabio Ferraresi and David Ginola.

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

So, a Crap XI for Christmas!

• GK - KIRALY, Gabor
  • CB - LESCOTT, Joleon
  • CB - SCIMECA, Riccardo
  • CB - UNSWORTH, David
  • CM - KINSELLA, Mark
  • CM - DJEMBA DJEMBA, Eric
  • CM - LEONHARDSEN, Oyvind
  • RM - TONEV, Aleksandr
  • LM - PIRES, Robert
  • ST - BOWERY, Jordan
  • ST - CONTROL, Cant

There's still a 12th day of Crapness to go, so it's over to you.  Your nominations please for anyone I've left out who deserves a place in this shameful shower of shite.

good effort but your lacking a Richards, Richardson, Herd, Cissokho, Nzogbia for a start.

Unsworth did more in a Villa jersey than some of them lads ;)

• Like 1

Â