Gareth Southgate

Richard

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

No but he has not done a good job. We've largely beaten who we'd expect to beat, apart from Germany at Wembley. I expect better and it doesn't make sense to continue on yet again. 

Okay fine, that's fair enough, but what's the relevance of Morocco? Them beating Spain and Portugal didn't make France any less talented. 

25 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I’m fine with that - but hit any good side, and we lose. 

Is that because, maybe we aren’t as good as the better sides? 
@villa4europe hit the nail on the head, everyone moans when certain players get called up or play yet we’ve supposedly got an amazing squad. 
The only baffling decision he’s made for me this tournament was bringing in Sterling who’s been in England all week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

France are used to winning big tournaments we are not. Kane choked the second penalty. Gironde given a free header. I think its as much the players losing mentality as the manager but it'd time to move on and give someone else a chance. I think he will resign

I think he will too. I mean what more can he do, he's tried his best and has failed.

16 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Yet the Morocco manager has achieved more in 3 months. 

More than a semi final, final and just gone out in the quarter finals to the world champions? That’s good going in three months.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's had plenty of time, a not done bad. But it's time for a change, unless you want this, beat the crap and lose to every other half decent team situation to carry on.

That’s England though, prior to 2018 we’ve been largely dog shit and even with a squad of the best players we will ever see we didn’t do as well as the last 3 tournaments.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

@villa4europe hit the nail on the head, everyone moans when certain players get called up or play yet we’ve supposedly got an amazing squad. 
The only baffling decision he’s made for me this tournament was bringing in Sterling who’s been in England all week. 

It's not baffling mate, just another reason Southgates met his sell by date.

I expected nothing else, even though other players been grafting in training while Sterling wasn't even here. Not great management or team bonding.

7 minutes ago, jim said:

More than a semi final, final and just gone out in the quarter finals to the world champions? That’s good going in three months.

6 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

His continuing failure to win anything is a great source of comfort.

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The future of Gareth is a question for another day.

He cost us the Euro final despite getting us there but not this 

He looked defeated tbfh 

I'll get really excited about England again if he goes.

Very much doubt he will. FA will get him to stay. No one around to appoint really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll get really excited about England again if he goes.

Very much doubt he will. FA will get him to stay. No one around to appoint really.

I know he's really settled in his current role, but I feel like Mourinho would be really well suited. He could add an international trophy to his ridiculous CV as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jim said:

That’s England though, prior to 2018 we’ve been largely dog shit and even with a squad of the best players we will ever see we didn’t do as well as the last 3 tournaments.

Easy run ins remember. In reality Southgate has bonded a team, which in this day an age of prioritising mental health and the like will get Southgate bigger plaudits from the general media, FA and his mates on TV, than actually winning a trophy. 

14 minutes ago, jim said:

Easy to say who shouldn't be there but harder to say who should... Even when you get down to the likes of maguire, who is banging at the door and is blindingly obvious as deserving thr chance?

Just now, Keyblade said:

I know he's really settled in his current role, but I feel like Mourinho would be really well suited. He could add an international trophy to his ridiculous CV as well.

To colourful for the FA, they like grey with no drama. 

Poch wouldn't be a bad choice, don't come with much baggage. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Easy run ins remember. In reality Southgate has bonded a team, which in this day an age of prioritising mental health and the like will get Southgate bigger plaudits from the general media, FA and his mates on TV, than actually winning a trophy. 

He's done nothing more than countless other losers have done. He's bonded a team of losers, nothing to be proud of. 

Â