Gareth Southgate

Richard

45 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

To be fair too, in lot of games, I feel the team could play alot better. Many times I've seen quite a few players stroll around the pitch like the game means nothing, an Southgate just watching them. Even Kanes had a few lazy games but never brought off. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Southgate speaking of Watkins and Toney: 

"Ollie's been with us more recently, of course, and has done well in the games he's played. He's had a fabulous season for his club

"Ivan, since he's come back into Brentford's team, has had the impact we expected him to, so they are two very, very good players". 

He can't bear to even say "Aston Villa". 

• Like 2

Toney has scored 4 and assisted 0 in his 10 games back.

In Watkin's last 10 league games he's scored 7 and assisted 2, and has continued that form for a lot longer because he's not a betting cheat.

So they're pretty much neck and neck.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Toney has scored 4 and assisted 0 in his 10 games back.

In Watkin's last 10 league games he's scored 7 and assisted 2, and has continued that form for a lot longer because he's not a betting cheat.

So they're pretty much neck and neck.

Really? you must think highly of Gary Southgate if you think that puts them neck and neck, Toney is clearly way out ahead.

37 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Really? you must think highly of Gary Southgate if you think that puts them neck and neck, Toney is clearly way out ahead.

I'm still expecting one legged Harry kane to get a run out 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

No, still think he'll sign an extension and there will be a load of guff about how we're lucky to have such a great in demand manager who was wanted by elite clubs but chose England 

He'll be brave to sign a extension if he don't win the Euros. He's defo lose a few more fans.

Even though he's done a good job. And he has, people saying otherwise are living in a dreamworld with a clear agenda. But having said that, I cant stand the man. Even ignoring his Villa hatred, his banal interviews, company man persona and his charisma vacuum personality make him impossible to like.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Even though he's done a good job. And he has, people saying otherwise are living in a dreamworld with a clear agenda. But having said that, I cant stand the man. Even ignoring his Villa hatred, his banal interviews, company man persona and his charisma vacuum personality make him impossible to like.

He tries to act smarter than he is, with all his phylosophical bollocks, which annoys me. People may think he's done a good job, but he's won F** all. An if he fails to win the Euros with some of the best players in the world, he'll be a complete failier

Unfotunately in football, your success is not based on making a happy enviroment, an players, it's based on winning trophys.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Describe England's style of play

I'll wait... 

And no changes to the "style", just fitting pegs into holes regardless of who is on the pitch, rather than playing to players' strengths

Edited by a-k

Only this guy could be desperate to point out the 'positives' after creating zero clear cut chances at home!

'We had as many attempts as them' - bollocks! Who's falling for that basic line? It's the quality of the chances that counts and we had no good chances.

As someone else said - it encourages accepting mediocrity. He's a weak manager who delivers weak performances when it matters most. It's as good as a fact!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

He should of pissed off after the last World Cup and let someone who doesn't think it's 2004 takeover. 

Should have pissed off as long ago as possible or better yet never been hired in the first place. Drains your energy he does. I imagine he does the same to the players.

• Like 2

Â