Gareth Southgate

Richard

3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

You usually tell us we are wrong on here (as fans) are you now suggesting the fans are right?

What are you on about? :D 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

It took Konsa nearly 3 and a half seasons to get a call up

In fairness our defence is the weakest part of our team and the strongest part of the Everton team. 

The fact Ratcliffe wants this clown (if rumours are true) kind of proves that he knows nothing about football... I think he needs to leave that to Brailsford, he transformed British cycling and knows what sporting success is...

On the other hand, I sincerely hope they employ Southgate, I can think of no better match

• Like 1

I hope they don't get him as he'd be so crap they'd sack him pretty quickly. Better to have an ineffectual manager who gets them nowhere but occasionally beats city or Liverpool to buy himself another 12 games

• Like 1

On 06/03/2024 at 11:40, villa4europe said:

And I think we should play 4-2-3-1

Gk will be dinosaur arms because of his kicking and he's very much part of the never let me down gang 

Walker - Konsa - up for grabs - up for grabs

Stones - rice 

Saka - Bellingham - foden

Kane 

Attacking LWB as stones and Walker can cover, we'd effectively play 3 when in attack using the LB like Moreno 

You see, you're thinking about tactics here, and forgetting that Southgate's main skill is making sure the boys have a pool table and ping pong, and nice fluffy duvets at night.

His tactics consist of letting Hendo & Phillips keep things calm and boring people to death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Do you think Southgate takes the Man Utd job if it came up?

I do.

It seems like he wants out of England but hasn’t got anything worthwhile lined up yet.

I'd love to see their transfers if he took over. Henderson back in the PL, Kalvin Phillips getting another chance at a "big" club, etc.

Although to be fair, if they're looking to do a proper rebuild from the ground up then he might be a good guy to take over for a year or two to get the culture at the club back in order. I think his successor would probably have a decent platform to work with afterwards.

10 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

The fact Ratcliffe wants this clown (if rumours are true) kind of proves that he knows nothing about football... I think he needs to leave that to Brailsford, he transformed British cycling and knows what sporting success is...

On the other hand, I sincerely hope they employ Southgate, I can think of no better match

Has Ratcliffe actually come out and said he wants him, or is it all just gossip?  It would be very weird timing to say you want to replace the current manager after he's just knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup and their fans love him.  Seems more likely this noise is coming from Southgate's camp, to raise his profile as he'll likely be gone after Euro's

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I do.

It seems like he wants out of England but hasn’t got anything worthwhile lined up yet.

I don't think he gets a Premier League job. Not even teams like Bournemouth, Palace or Fulham would want him. Maybe a promoted team that sacks the manager early doors gives him a chance but I honestly can't see it.

19 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I don't think he gets a Premier League job. Not even teams like Bournemouth, Palace or Fulham would want him. Maybe a promoted team that sacks the manager early doors gives him a chance but I honestly can't see it.

I really see him at a Palace or Fulham type club (and that he gets immediately found out).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Insane that Mainoo gets a call up after 15 caos, yet Ramsey was on fire last season and didn’t get a look in. Grealish had to prove himself. Konsa consistently overlooked. Mental.

I imagine if attacking midfield, cutting-in-from-the-left were a position that England were lacking in then Ramsey probably would have got a call-up. But last season the likes Rashford, Grealish and Foden were doing just fine.

Likewise, if we had a young player who was excelling in a position where England's current choices are Jordan Henderson and Kalvin Phillips he might have been called up just like Mainoo has been. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Mainoo's inclusion is insurance for the Man United job, no other logic to it.

He wouldn't last a season at Old Trafford playing the football that England play.

Oddly think he will suit just fine with Manure. He is good at being boring and organised but hope for that moment of magic, the latter part is which what manure is best at.

He may do well changing the culture as well in the dressing room.

Edited by HongKongVillan

6 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Oddly think he will suit just fine with Manure. He is good at being boring and organised but hope for that moment for magic, the latter part is which what manure is best at.

He may do well changing the culture as well in the dressing room.

The longer the better, tbf. Hopefully, we will then have a England manager capable of maximising the talent at his disposal. 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Has Ratcliffe actually come out and said he wants him, or is it all just gossip?  It would be very weird timing to say you want to replace the current manager after he's just knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup and their fans love him.  Seems more likely this noise is coming from Southgate's camp, to raise his profile as he'll likely be gone after Euro's

Probably just gossip

Â