Top Gear

Jez

I don't mind that being a poncy Land Rover. I get that there are people out there who would actually buy it.

But ... are you telling me that's a Defender?

Most of the pictures out there, I believe, are of the DC100 a concept version created to test public reaction at Frankfurt.

The designer claimed that most people liked the car and only a few wanted to string him up.

He went on to say that the Defender replacement will look nothing like the DC100, but why seek approval, insist you got approval, and then decide to build something entirely different?

Luckily, no matter what sort of abomination they end up producing, there are enough proper Land Rovers out there, which are still running, to serve the purists' demand.

And, if there is not, there is always the Lada Niva, which is getting a bit of a cult following.

That Peugeot bit was brilliant, when they first showed Clarkson driving and you could here the rev limiter screaming I burst out laughing because some years ago i owned Peugeot 206 and did exactly the same thing

This series has been much better than the last 4 or 5

Edited by Jimzk5

The Ferrari is beautiful.

Yeah.   It's annoying that Ferrari and McLaren won't allow Top Gear to post lap times in case their car loses though.   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Really enjoyed tonight's show, I even enjoyed SIARPC for once. I usually hate guys like Olly Murs but every time I see him on anything I end up thinking he's a decent bloke!! 

The Peugeot skit was hilarious and spot on. They used to make some cracking cars but now, well the less said the better. They took the pi55 when they shut the Ryton plant so they deserve all they get, IMO.

I must have missed something because I found that the worst episode of the series so far. 

I liked the Peugeot bit (the history, etc..), up until there was then 7-8 minutes of Clarkson and May driving.. well, like Peugeot drivers. 90 seconds of that would have got the point across, it just got boring. 

SIARPC was boring too, his lap was impressive, but not the sort of guest which interests me, I assume there would be many many others who'd disagree.. wasn't my episode, really.

Loved the Pythonesque Peugeot  sketch but I never like to see cars deliberately smashed up, not even Morris Itals, or Nissan Sunnys.

The new Corvette is very impressive and great credit to the engineers at Chevrolet, which, as ever, TG did their best to avoid.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

The Peugeot bit was excellent very funny - more so because Mrs E failed to see any humour in it at all (as a former Pug owner)

They'll sort the Ferrari/McLaren/Porsche thing soon enough but which is fastest really doesn't matter because red ones are faster. This is known.

It was funny for two minutes but it went on faaaaaar too long.   There was a quite a lot of padding in tonight's episode actually, Star in a reasonably priced car went on longer than usual and the whole bit where they stood in front of the La Ferrari, P1 and the Porsche seemed like filler too.  Didn't they get much usable Ferrari footage or something?