January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

My thoughts exactly! Taylor coming in does not have to mean an end to Amavi's Villa career. Think about how we have no cover at left back and yet Amavi isn't the best left back when it comes to defending. Also, Villa not particularly linked with signing a left sided midfielder.

I reckon we will see Amavi playing left midfield with Taylor at left back.

Exactly my thoughts. Amavi seems to be better going forward. He can beat a man and put in a killer cross.

• Like 2

Just now, Michael118 said:

I'm not bothered about losing Ayew but we should be getting more than 5m + Neil Taylor in return.

Not happy at all with the players Bruce is targeting but I'm anything but surprised.

Im delighted in the main with our transfer business and more than happy to get £5m plus Taylor for ayew .

i just hope we get that last striker deal over the line and would be happy to take Rhodes with the supply line we now have .

I'll throw my guesses out there to laugh at later -

Ayew to Swansea in exchange for Taylor plus cash.

Rhodes in.

Bedeau in (one for the future and possibly loaned straight back to Bury)

Player not mentioned (according to Brucey) yet to be a centre back to cover/pressure for Baker and Chester - any guesses who this could be? Wouldn't be surprised if it's a Premier League centre back who gets no regular game time as both Chester and Elphick fit that profile before joining us.

4 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I'm not bothered about losing Ayew but we should be getting more than 5m + Neil Taylor in return.

Not happy at all with the players Bruce is targeting but I'm anything but surprised.

No doubt you foresaw it all in the tea-leaves some months ago.

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I'll throw my guesses out there to laugh at later -

Ayew to Swansea in exchange for Taylor plus cash.

Rhodes in.

Bedeau in (one for the future and possibly loaned straight back to Bury)

Player not mentioned (according to Brucey) yet to be a centre back to cover/pressure for Baker and Chester - any guesses who this could be? Wouldn't be surprised if it's a Premier League centre back who gets no regular game time as both Chester and Elphick fit that profile before joining us.

Alex Bruce .

1 hour ago, bradarmstrong_ said:

My predictions:

Taylor + cash in with Ayew out

50% chance of Rhodes

95% chance of this mystery man Bruce mentioned (Hopefully a left winger but probably Alex Bruce)

99% chance of Tishibola leaving

65% chance of Westwood leaving 

50% chance of McCormack leaving

Edited by nnock1984
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

My predictions:

Taylor + cash in with Ayew out

50% chance of Rhodes

95% chance of this mystery man Bruce mentioned (Hopefully a left winger but probably Alex Bruce)

99% chance of Tishibola leaving

65% chance of Westwood leaving 

50% chance of McCormack leaving

Its possible that the mystery man is a striker. Last time Bruce mentioned Rhodes he said  "It looks as if that's run its course. We tried our best to bring him in but that looks as if it's not going to happen."

Tekkers would be nice! :-)

22 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Can I ask from the players signed/targeted who you're not happy with and why? And also, an alternative you'd like to have seen us bring in?

I'm not some massive Taylor fan, but it's all well and good Swansea fans being over the moon with this deal, they don't know Ayew well enough clearly. 

I like Ayew, I rate his ability. But he's not consistent enough to start for us every week. A mid table championship club. He hasn't progressed as I would have liked. I'd like to keep him as a super sub, but I don't think he wants to be here and I don't think Bruce wants him here.

I'd rate him at £8m, which in turn rates Taylor at £3m. Assuming we go on to also replace Ayew, I'm fine with it.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I havnt seen this Neil Taylor fella but im guessing he can't be very good looking or have good bone structure or spiritual energy stuff coming out of his skin

• Like 2

Happy with Taylor coming in, always liked him. It also means that Amavi has solid competition for his place. He'll know Chester as well, so shouldn't find it too difficult to bed in.

I'd be disappointed if the mystery player is Jacob Bedeau (since we already know about him but may have flown under the "media" radar) but it will most likely be a centre back, maybe Alex Bruce, maybe not. As long as it's a player that can really keep Baker and Chester on their toes then that's good enough for me.