January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

2 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

I think if McCormack got the service he could do really well. He has been the best striker in the league for the last 4 or 5 years and you don't lose that overnight. At the start of the season, before he got injured, he created more chances than any other player in the league. Players need to supply him and he will score mate, he gets in good positions and can finish, with a player like Lansbury and possibly Hourihane he will start to get opportunities instead of being isolated

Here's hoping...

2 hours ago, UppsalaVillan said:

Haven't been in for a while so this may have been said before.

But isn't it a bit strange that Lansbury seems to be trying to engineer a move to us because the club he's at is "in a bit of a mess"?

I'm afraid my friend , that , that is the nature of the beast .

Got a feeling Lansbury won't be going anywhere this window. As for getting some more strikers.,......we have enough, just need to sort the midfield out and start feeding decent balls into dangerous areas, Ayew ,Kodja and McCormack are arguably the best forward line in the division.

12 hours ago, dn1982 said:

If he is quality what word would you use to describe a Cowans? Gerrard? Mortimer? Milner even? 

He isn't quality at the moment but when playing confidently there are aspects of his game which are quality and they are good ones to have if you're a CM.

I never saw Cowans or Motrimer but Gerrard and Milner are more complete players and on another level. I doubt we are going to be signing another Gerrard or Milner though and I think what Westwood brings to the table is good enough for what we need if he can get his confidence back up and we can find 1 or 2 players which complement him better.

Edited by Michael118

6 hours ago, Kingman said:

He's got Ambidextrous of the foot :D

I would give my left arm to be ambidextross, and my right arm to be able to spell it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJ said:

I would give my left arm to be ambidextross, and my right arm to be able to spell it.

Same here, Hoping it's correct as the grammer police will be giving tickets ;)

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

He isn't quality at the moment but when playing confidently there are aspects of his game which are quality and they are good ones to have if you're a CM.

I never saw Cowans or Motrimer but Gerrard and Milner are more complete players and on another level. I doubt we are going to be signing another Gerrard or Milner though and I think what Westwood brings to the table is good enough for what we need if he can get his confidence back up and we can find 1 or 2 players which complement him better.

Westwood is a decent passer when on form and played as a deep lying player with the game in front of him. He is very limited. He isn't quality. If you take his best form for us or any point in his career and the only thing that stands out is he's a neat and tidy footballer but he's far from quality. Quality midfielders run games on their own. They win games on their own. Westwood has never done this. Hourihane at Barnsley seems to do that at this level. Lansbury has done it for Forest. I'd class both as quality for this league and both may even go,on to perform in the PL. Westwood has had loads of chances. His times up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tinker said:

Got a feeling Lansbury won't be going anywhere this window. As for getting some more strikers.,......we have enough, just need to sort the midfield out and start feeding decent balls into dangerous areas, Ayew ,Kodja and McCormack are arguably the best forward line in the division.

We're potentially without Ayew and Kodjia for 3 weeks, though. 

23 hours ago, Eastie said:

Don't think jedinak will be replaced or needs to be - he will sit in front of the back 4 and we will hopefully have 2 competent midfielders to complement him one of whom looks likely to be Lansbury.

Matty James or hourihane would be ideal.

I would like to think either this window or the next Bruce will replace Jedinak with someone who has defensive attributes but can also distribute to a team mate rather than constantly heading or passing to the opposition.

With the exception of maybe one or two games Jedinak has been awful while being part of probably the worst midfield that has represented the Villa.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I would like to think either this window or the next Bruce will replace Jedinak with someone who has defensive attributes but can also distribute to a team mate rather than constantly heading or passing to the opposition.

With the exception of maybe one or two games Jedinak has been awful while being part of probably the worst midfield that has represented the Villa.

I think he is good enough to last another season at this level and will benefit from having decent players alongside him - has looked far better since Bruce came in but can only do so much with the powderpuff players he's had alongside him .

i agree his passing has been somewhat poor at times and needs to improve but feel he will be fine with Lansbury and James/ hourihane. 

Short term option who will need replacing if and when we get promotion but think he's more than good enough at this level .

Edited by Eastie

5 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Mark Milligan Highlights -

Video starts with 'one of the bright young things of Australian football'.....

.... He's older than me and I'm the wrong side of 30!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kingman said:

He's got Ambidextrous of the foot :D

I've got Ambidextrous of the penis, well that's what I tell the missus when I keep trying to put it in the wrong hole :ph34r:

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

As a Melbourne Victory fan I'm a huge fan of Mark Milligan but there's no way on God's green earth he would be a good signing for us. He's got a great engine but his passing his not much better than Jedinak's and as pointed out he's in his thirties. 

These a reason not many Aussie players are making it in the top tiers in Europe: the current generation are just not good enough.

I'd take Mat Ryan or Mitch Langerak in a heart beat though, but it seems we are sorted for keepers.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I know mate, was just pulling your leg. I remember seeing him playing for Denmark in the Euros (I think just after we signed him), and thinking he looked excellent. It turned out he was. 

On that basis.......:)You was more well informed than me.