Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

a terrifying attacking quartet

Well other than an obvious question mark over Gabby, it's decent. Hard to feel that when you're entirely convinced we're sh*te. 

Just now, Jareth said:

Well other than an obvious question mark over Gabby, it's decent. Hard to feel that when you're entirely convinced we're sh*te. 

I dont think we are shite. I think the management team is. big difference

Just now, Jareth said:

And you have given them what? Not even a single whole season? That's some prophecy. 

36 games is pretty much a whole season. He had more games than the 3 previous managers at a lower level and has been shit.

Sherwood got 10 wins in 28 in Premier League,  Bruce has 15 in 36 in the Championship. He has been crap and a failure

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

36 games is pretty much a whole season. He had more games than the 3 previous managers at a lower level and has been shit.

Sherwood got 10 wins in 28 in Premier League,  Bruce has 15 in 36 in the Championship. He has been crap and a failure

Sherwood got a summer window, with funds. Reckon Bruce should get at least that before the bedsheet gets dusted off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

This is a very important quality and one which I believe has been totally lacking for a good while. Obviously in midfield it is very important but also in all areas of the pitch. I think you could make a claim for Kodjia having some dynamic qualities but generally the team are a pretty placid bunch. 

If Whelan can bring this to the team and encourage it in others, then he could make a huge difference. However a cautionary note, we now have a squad full of players who should have been bringing many qualities to the team and up to this point, on the whole, they haven't delivered. So let's hope that we don't manage to eradicate the dynamism out of Whelan, as quickly as we mislaid the various qualities that most of the rest of the squad had before they joined us.

Dave, I take your point, but i have seen similar situations in the past, when in a rebuild era, players come in and very little happens, then wham, that one player seems to light the touch paper, thats why i put so much emphasis on balance.

I am hoping/expecting GW is that man.

Its interesting how all these seasoned Pros' , who have played for accomplished managers, feel so comfortable signing for Steve Bruce....if he was so bad as some paint, would they come here. nah!

I have heard no adverse from anyone in the industry.....even the Blues fans who will pick on anything are quiet when i talk of Steve Bruce....wished we still had him is the utterings.

It will be interesting to here from the Naysayers, when we tear it up.

• Confused 1

I'll be on the Bruce OUT fence right away if he doesn't use this squad that he has now put together properly. But I don't see it. He's got a formula, and this window is what he is all about. Expect a good season all y'all. 

Proof will be in the pudding with results. It really is interesting to hear the players all say they've never worked harder on fitness in preseason. Although that does seem to be the party line for all clubs now.

As others above have said, I can see us starting very strongly. If we do start strongly and get confidence, I think we will storm this league.

8 hours ago, villa89 said:

You're concerned now, wait until you see Jedinak and whelan in midfield in front of Terry and samba. *shudder*

Can't see us playing both together unless it's to see out a game

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Dave, I take your point, but i have seen similar situations in the past, when in a rebuild era, players come in and very little happens, then wham, that one player seems to light the touch paper, thats why i put so much emphasis on balance.

I am hoping/expecting GW is that man.

Think your going to have a long wait TRO

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Its interesting how all these seasoned Pros' , who have played for accomplished managers, feel so comfortable signing for Steve Bruce....if he was so bad as some paint, would they come here. nah!

££££££££££££££

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Proof will be in the pudding with results. It really is interesting to hear the players all say they've never worked harder on fitness in preseason. Although that does seem to be the party line for all clubs now.

As others above have said, I can see us starting very strongly. If we do start strongly and get confidence, I think we will storm this league.

Meaningless. Players say this and then if and when the manager gets the chop the new one comes in and says the players aren't fit enough, buying themselves more time if the results don't improve. 

I'd say about 90% of what players and managers say should be ignored.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

I recently rewatched bruces first game in charge and our last game of the season.

If anything we have gotten worse as a team not better. I fear for the future of this club...

Really?

I'm not sure I believe you.

His first game was vs Wolves which, despite the point, was a pretty dreadful performance. We were as overrun as we had been all season.

Our last game was Brighton at home which was actually a really good performance. It was certainly one of our better performances of the season.

Your final sentence is fine. I'm comfortable with people thinking that. It's certainly a concern.

I just can't believe you've come to that conclusion based on the Wolves game and the Brighton game. That doesn't make sense.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

I recently rewatched bruces first game in charge and our last game of the season.

If anything we have gotten worse as a team not better. I fear for the future of this club...

Is my memory going or was the Villa v Brighton game not televised?

35 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Is my memory going or was the Villa v Brighton game not televised?

It wasn't. There's another reason I don't quite believe that statement.

He must have had one of @bobzy's secret streams ;) 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Really?

I'm not sure I believe you.

His first game was vs Wolves which, despite the point, was a pretty dreadful performance. We were as overrun as we had been all season.

Our last game was Brighton at home which was actually a really good performance. It was certainly one of our better performances of the season.

Your final sentence is fine. I'm comfortable with people thinking that. It's certainly a concern.

I just can't believe you've come to that conclusion based on the Wolves game and the Brighton game. That doesn't make sense.

If you watch both Brighton games Stevo has a point, we completely matched them and Brighton in my opinion were the bets side in the league.

If we can sort the away form out I am confident we are going up 

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If you watch both Brighton games Stevo has a point, we completely matched them and Brighton in my opinion were the bets side in the league.

If we can sort the away form out I am confident we are going up 

Obviously you can't cherry pick games, but I thought the Brighton game at VP was pretty much as good as the away fixture.

I do think the OP has a point. I just don't think you can come to that conclusion based on the Wolves game at VP vs the Brighton game at VP.
For me the latter was by FAR a better performance.

Â