Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You beat me to it a brilliant coach just shit manager you know what to do brucie

shit manager? he was performing a miracle getting that team to compete in games in the Premier League

Hull is as badly organised as us last season

• Like 2

A good article in tonights Birmingham Mail by Steve Bruce.....giving his view on the Norwich/Cardiff Debacles

well worth a read for any Villa Fan.

just about hits the nail on the head for me......but how to put it right is the 64 million dollar question.

ps I would put it on here but 1) not sure if I'm allowed 2) not sure how to do it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

link pls

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-12398156#rlabs=1 rt$sitewide p$9

Aston Villa’s time as a top-performing club has ended and the sooner the players realise it the better, boss Steve Bruce has claimed.

Continues...

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

The evening mail is up there on the list of worst ever websites.

Answering questionnaires so you can read an article, random adverts playing music as you read (adverts of which you can't find to close) and not forgetting the ducking abysmal journalism. I don't like it.

Anyway, Bruce, nail on head. Now fix it.

Edited by Don_Simon
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Blimey, have you read the comments section of that article?

The state of Villa fans these days. Utter morons. 

I haven't, but just about to......even at the games the cross section of opinions always has been quite fascinating.

I think the problem is Dave a quick comment is not sometimes enough to explain properly what we mean

Ps just read them....well ain't nothing like happy natives.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Yes that's a good article, it is encouraging to see/hear he correctly identifies the real problem. Hopefully he has also worked out precisely which players that applies to, because it isn't all of them, and he ditches them even if he has to buy lower League players or put youngsters in.....we need at least 3 new players who will go through a brick wall for the team.

• Like 1

I was happy when Bruce got the job, and his ppg compared to RDM is a massive improvement for sure....but some of his decisions are infuriating. 

Cardiff away was always going to be a battle. When I saw the centre 2 he picked, I was sure we'd lose the battle. As inept a decision as RDM's Preston line up. 

So, he admits he picked the wrong team. Well good on you! Don't throw your players under the bus to placate the fanbase though! That don't impress me much. 

From what I've seen of all 3 players, (AW and GG over years, and AT over half a season) Tish is top of the pecking order, even more so v Cardiff away! With Jedinak missing picking Tish was IMPERATIVE for me...but that's been the case all season

37 minutes ago, SidSidSidSid said:

I was happy when Bruce got the job, and his ppg compared to RDM is a massive improvement for sure....but some of his decisions are infuriating. 

Cardiff away was always going to be a battle. When I saw the centre 2 he picked, I was sure we'd lose the battle. As inept a decision as RDM's Preston line up. 

So, he admits he picked the wrong team. Well good on you! Don't throw your players under the bus to placate the fanbase though! That don't impress me much

From what I've seen of all 3 players, (AW and GG over years, and AT over half a season) Tish is top of the pecking order, even more so v Cardiff away! With Jedinak missing picking Tish was IMPERATIVE for me...but that's been the case all season

thought that was a Shania Twain song coming on:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Yes that's a good article, it is encouraging to see/hear he correctly identifies the real problem. Hopefully he has also worked out precisely which players that applies to, because it isn't all of them, and he ditches them even if he has to buy lower League players or put youngsters in.....we need at least 3 new players who will go through a brick wall for the team.

Terry, We gradually need to change the whole ethos of the club and that will take any manager time.....The problem has been IMV we have been treading water with some of the previous managers because they didn't seem to identify " The Problem" (its been like this for yonks).....at least he has.

• Like 1

It's still early days for Bruce and the team. He started way behind the rest of the promotion hopefuls with a team extremely low in confidence. Yes he's made some mistakes but overall has done well. Get a few in to boost the chances we create and I fancy us to sneak into the playoffs.

Â