Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

14 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Are you really suggesting that I don't recognise the players are shite?

No he can't, but there is no excuse for not turning up. It's unacceptable and is becoming a bit of a regularity recently. Hence my concerns in recent weeks where Ive felt results have masked performances and have rode on an element of luck.

I don't actually think we've played well since the Brighton game.

Managers can only tell the players what they want.....If they don't do it in a reasonable space of time, they have to go.....but equally the managers must have sufficient resource to change it and get players in who will follow their instructions.

4 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Who has turned on the manager? Or have we just highlighted some issues? Nobody has called for him to be sacked or anything?

Haven't I been saying for a few years now that it's the players we need to be really questioning?

Fwiw, I think the stereotypical villa fan would be someone completely deluded with the individual talent on the pitch.

I honestly don't think we're far off it. It already feels like the knives are out which is remarkable really when you consider that he's won almost half the games since he got here.

Yeah but that stereotype would work both ways. Some fans are way too quick to write off players.

Edited by Mantis

15 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Thing is tho. You say that but I'm pretty alone when I'm in various player threads questioning ability...... kodjia, adomah, amavi for example. So fans obviously rate those 3. We've then got baker and Chester and jedinak (bar passing) who are undoubtedly playing well. Then the likes of grealish. There is 7 first team players who I'd say across the vast majority of the fan base, are rated. It's not a complete pile of shite.......... well it is imo, but If everyone shared that opinion my posts regarding amavi not being great wouldn't be seen as pfe imo.

Even in the Westwood thread my opinion of him being absolutely Shite has been viewed as being OTT.

Think theres a lot of inconsistencies in opinions on here. Not necessarily yours.

Woody, I think you may have more people who see your point than you think, However,

after 5/6 years of demise, it is natural for fans to look for a bit of light, when a new manager comes in....We all want to be positive

I would imagine if you spoke quietly in a little corner in a pub , he would be saying much what you are, He Knows, He hasn't got the players to play it his way.

Personally, I don't see us getting them as quick as we want/need either.....but I remain hopeful.

I am hoping he has seen enough, just lately to suggest to him its not a blip or a bad day at the office. The mentality he talks about will take some shifting IMO, Its been like this for yonks but how he has accumulated these points is amazing.

I read your posts and understand your points, some fans don't want to hear it, its like pissing on their chips.

I believe SB will get it right.....I just don't think it will be this season.

It will be improvement only, in my eyes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I will wait in anticipation for you to show me where I have said Bruce is crap?

Or, we can discuss what I've really said which is.....

Wasn't bowled over with the appointment

Thought the bloke was a complete moron before but he's grown on me

Has undoubtedly improved us

Had no complaints with the first weeks or so

Have become concerned since the Brighton game with regards our level of performance which I felt results have masked displays...... incidently, all of our defeats have come in this period of concern.

Now, I'm happy to discuss any of the above points but it's pointless debating with people who simply ignore what I've actually said and instead base their posts aimed at me at this incorrect belief that I go around calling everybody and his dog crap with absolute no room for reasoning.

Fair enough. Im not going to go back through all your posts I will take your word for it. They seem reasonable points and ones I see as valid myself. 

Can I say though mate that there does seem to be an aura of doom and gloom around some of your posts, rightly or wrongly. 

I can certainly agree that our performances have dropped off a bit. Hopefully a couple of key signings in the window and I can look forward to your posts on us performing well and scraping the playoffs (seeming a little out of reach at the moment)

This is AVFC today

Owner :):):):):)

Board - Wyness/Round :):):)

Manager:):):):)

GK Inex'ed & Shit

RB horrifically Shite

CB 2x :):):):)

LB :):):)

MF 2/3/4x Bafflingly crap

RW :):):)

AM 3x :):):)

CF 1x :):):):)

CF rest Shiiiiiiiite

With only half a team how can anyone expect more than 50% win rate

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I can certainly agree that our performances have dropped off a bit. Hopefully a couple of key signings in the window and I can look forward to your posts on us performing well and scraping the playoffs (seeming a little out of reach at the moment)

Cheers for that.

Believe me, my posts/aura are/is much much different when we're not a midtable championship side..... I don't mean that as in I'm spoilt. I actually quite enjoy the championship tbh. But what I mean is we clearly are performing way way way below where we should be.

We can be in any league in the world and id be happy providing I'm not feeling short changed..... which I currently do massively. That said, that is improving and that's resulted in me coming to watch games again. 

By short changed I mean in every sense..... financial, excitement, entertainment, emotional etc.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, TRO said:

Woody, I think you may have more people who see your point than you think, However,

after 5/6 of demise, it is natural for fans to look for a bit of light, when a new manager comes in....We all want to be positive

I would imagine if you spoke quietly in a little corner in a pub , he would be saying much what you are, He Knows, He hasn't got the players to play it his way.

Personally, I don't see us getting them as quick as we want/need either.....but I remain hopeful.

I am hoping he has seen enough, just lately to suggest to him its not a blip or a bad day at the office. The mentality he talks about will take some shifting IMO, Its been like this for yonks and how has accumulated these points is amazing.

I read your posts and understand your points, some fans don't want to hear it, its like pissing on their chips.

I believe SB will get it right.....I just don't think it will be this season.

Cheers TRO. Don't disagree on much of that, if any at all. 

5 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

This is AVFC today

GK Inex'ed & Shit

RB horrifically Shite

CF rest Shiiiiiiiite

Ha Ha...very good

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

This is AVFC today

GK Inex'ed & Shit

RB horrifically Shite

CF rest Shiiiiiiiite

My liking of this ^^ post:

:):):):):):thumb::clap::flag:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Cheers for that.

Believe me, my posts/aura are/is much much different when we're not a midtable championship side..... I don't mean that as in I'm spoilt. I actually quite enjoy the championship tbh. But what I mean is we clearly are performing way way way below where we should be.

We can be in any league in the world and id be happy providing I'm not feeling short changed..... which I currently do massively. That said, that is improving and that's resulted in me coming to watch games again. 

By short changed I mean in every sense..... financial, excitement, entertainment, emotional etc.

I hear that. I'm on my way back from Cardiff, thankfully I met some great people there otherwise it's another couple of hundred quid up the pissing wall to be served what I consider a disgraceful and ultimately disrespectful display in the first half. People booed and for once I didn't feel ashamed of them. That they couldn't wrestle it back despite a much better second half is by the by. The fans were amazing, again, and again they let us down. 

So just because my posts are generally positive (though not as positive as you think I'm sure) don't think I don't hurt too. I'm sure we all do. This is unacceptable. 

Probably the best post you've ever written by the way, it helps me to understand where you're coming from. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I hear that. I'm on my way back from Cardiff, thankfully I met some great people there otherwise it's another couple of hundred quid up the pissing wall to be served what I consider a disgraceful and ultimately disrespectful display in the first half. People booed and for once I didn't feel ashamed of them. That they couldn't wrestle it back despite a much better second half is by the by. The fans were amazing, again, and again they let us down. 

So just because my posts are generally positive (though not as positive as you think I'm sure) don't think I don't hurt too. I'm sure we all do. This is unacceptable. 

Probably the best post you've ever written by the way, it helps me to understand where you're coming from. 

Here's to wolves away (if you're going) :cheers:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Here's to wolves away (if you're going) :cheers:

I am, and Tottenham. However aside from the other two London games, which are basically home games to me, they will be my last aways this season. I've reached my breaking point! 

I might reconsider this position if we scrape into the playoffs... :D

I'm happy we got Bruce although some of his decisions have me baffled - I feel gollini didn't deserve to be dropped for the hapless bunn and also tish should have got his chance long before now - that said I'd have taken the points tally obtained by Bruce so far and hope he can bring in the players he wants to improve us this month.

the play offs are still within reach but we cannot afford any more slip ups like yesterday and need to be bang on our game from the start - I feel we need 4 or 5 to come in this month and let's see where we are then .

Edited by Eastie

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I am, and Tottenham. However aside from the other two London games, which are basically home games to me, they will be my last aways this season. I've reached my breaking point! 

I might reconsider this position if we scrape into the playoffs... :D

We will let you count the wembley play off final as a home game ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

I'm happy we got Bruce although some of his decisions have me baffled - I feel gollini didn't deserve to be dropped for the hapless bunn and also tish should gave got his chance long before now - that said I'd have taken the points tally obtained by Bruce so far and hope he can bring in the players he wants to improve us this month.

the play offs are still within reach but we cannot afford any more slip ups like yesterday and need to be bang on our game from the start - I feel we need 4 or 5 to come in this month and let's see where we are then .

Not that I rate him but I find him not playing ayew yesterday one of the strangest decisions ever. Can only think that theres something in his recent links.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Not that I rate him but I find him not playing ayew yesterday one of the strangest decisions ever. Can only think that theres something in his recent links.

I have been impressed with his use of subs this season but agree the decision not to use ayew at all was odd sInce we had asked permIssion to extend hIs stay .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Very strange I agree. Though in fairness RHM did ok, possibly looking to give the lad a 'hero' moment. 

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

I honestly don't think we're far of it. It already feels like the knives are out which is remarkable really when you consider that he's won almost half the games since he got here.

Yeah but that stereotype would work both ways. Some fans are way too quick to write off players.

How far we are off it is very subjective and I don't think the knives are out as you put it most fans on here have been quick to endorse the remarkable job he has done in securing the points that he has.

However, We are brittle as a team.....certain  players are carrying us, others should be no where near the first team, we are totally unbalanced. My personal view is we have a soft underbelly that must change if we are to get out of this league.....that requires signing the right players to address that.I don't see that changing too quickly, I think it is a big job to fix that and will take much surgery.

I don't think Midfield is the only problem, but the most desperate one.

We all want to get back.....but I think a bit of gradual growth and increments of improvement, without putting undue stress on ourselves will serve us in the long term better.

Its not a sprint, but we don't want it to be a marathon either......We need to get back to signing players that have an impact on out team and this mentality Steve talks about and I utterly agree with him, will gradually return.....But we must sign the right types for it to happen.

10 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Hull have sacked Mike Phelan, would be a great addition to the backroom assuming he doesn't want to be a number 1 again.

You beat me to it a brilliant coach just shit manager you know what to do brucie

Â