Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

I don't see what Bruce did wrong.

We set up to contain.

You answered your own question. We invited a team onto us when we needed to stop them having the ball.

Which is what we have been doing lately. We didn't play any different against Fulham than Boro. Except we got a lucky header early on against Boro. That's it. Yet people have been praising Bruce mostly. 

Edited by Alakagom

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Apart from the Grealish bit I completely agree :thumb:

Maybe I'm being harsh, I'm Howard Beale-levels of mad-as-hell right now. :P More than anything though we're gonna need that sweet, sweet green, get as much as possible while his stock is high I say.

We let our opponents do what they liked in the first half and showed them far too much respect.

Quite unacceptable for a team which is meant to have "experienced" players.

When there is blood in the water the sharks will circle.

If we took the game to our opponents today it would be them making the errors not us which was evident in the second half.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

I watched fulham at times in the first half and while most of it wasnt too threatning i thought " id love my team to be able to be as intelligent, composed, and patient on the ball as these guys ". Steve is lovely guy but we know what we are getting and it aint good enough. The coaching that exits at fulham and villa is night and day. Give Dean Smith a go. For god sake be **** creative in our approach for once. 

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

Which is what we have been doing lately. We didn't play any different against Fulham than Boro. Except we got a lucky header early on against Boro. That's it. Yet people have been praising Bruce mostly. 

Not the same. In a two leg game, it made sense and we still looked to push when we had the ball. That 1st half was disgraceful, players turning round, zero options in the final third. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

We were lucky in aspects against Boro, but defending every single game is not a game plan, it's the script of a man short of ideas. Defending worked well for Derby against Fulham, didn't it?

• Like 2

Just now, jim said:

We have seen that “tactic” far too often this season and it failed every time.

He doesn’t have a clue how to change a game, next season will be even harder, Bruce is not the man to take us forward.

Spot on, most of the comments in reply. It's not just about today, but the style and lack of ideas has been the only consistent this season.

• Like 2

I just get the feeling that he genuinely doesn't understand how big this football club is. The expectation should have been top 2 and nothing else is acceptable for this season, but I think Bruce is pleased where we ended up in the league and will be disappointed, but not gutted, that we didn't win promotion today.

Poor today.

Not as convinced Bruce will be gone as some sound on here. 

I honestly don’t know if getting rid is the right idea. Some big changes expected obviously, if that includes the manager then so be it.

Â