Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's not how a rolling contract works. It's ALWAYS got a year to run. As per O'Neill. 

A year compensation is very small though to someone on 3-4 years though. If England came calling he would be gone in a shot, maybe even if a premier league side came calling

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

A year compensation is very small though to someone on 3-4 years though. If England came calling he would be gone in a shot, maybe even if a premier league side came calling

The England job then yes I agree he would be off. I think in terms of him leaving for a Premier League club then bar maybe half a dozen top flights clubs then I don’t think he would go.

Aston Villa even in the Championship has far more potential than over 50% of the clubs currently in the top flight. Bruce knows that and once he gets us there then he will hopefully have the best opportunity he has ever had to make a real impact with a club in the Premier League.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The England job then yes I agree he would be off. I think in terms of him leaving for a Premier League club then bar maybe half a dozen top flights clubs then I don’t think he would go.

Aston Villa even in the Championship has far more potential than over 50% of the clubs currently in the top flight. Bruce knows that and once he gets us there then he will hopefully have the best opportunity he has ever had to make a real impact with a club in the Premier League.

Thats as I see it. I think he is told old for one of the big 4 no matter what he does at villa. Spurs - just couldn't see it - Everton ...maybe at a push ...

I think this is Brucie's last shot at the big time - I happen to think if he does get us promoted he might do better than people think in the prem 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

So far Steve Bruce has proved an awful lot so far.

He took an unbalanced squad and got a response & Results immediately.

A few hiccups are not surprising even if they are by his own doing.

I believe that IF the JanWin circumstances allow him to bring in his priority targets he will get us to the playoffs.

I would not be suprised if he got "very little" in, that he'd still get us to the POs

My only real worry is of how strong he can strengthen us (circumstances dictating) to be able to match AND beat our PO opponents.

I can see SB getting us to the POs with what we have, but to beat 2 of

Reading, Hudds, Leeds, ShefW, Derby, Norwich and Fulham

is 1 step too far.

Judging on the Shite that may come down, I'd fancy us for the title next season if we dont go up this season.

Whenever we would get to the PL and its SB who gets us there, I think we will be such a different ball game that noone could honestly have a clue at what calibre of player we could attract. And as we've seen twice now, its not what you spend, its who you spend it on

Bruce has proved everything so far, long may it continue.

If and when the time comes I hope he goes with dignity.

That says it all for me.

5 hours ago, hippo said:

Thats as I see it. I think he is told old for one of the big 4 no matter what he does at villa. Spurs - just couldn't see it - Everton ...maybe at a push ...

I think this is Brucie's last shot at the big time - I happen to think if he does get us promoted he might do better than people think in the prem 

I suspect he thinks the same.

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

The signings in this window will determine his future. If we do not get promoted, it will depend on how well he does as to whether he remains for next season in my opinion.

I think its a big call for him too.....fingers crossed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hippo said:

He has done well so far, and seems a really pleasant, decent guy, but I have been, and will remain, doubtful about how he will do in the Premier League.

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if he could take us close to the top of the Premier League. I just have my doubts. If he gets us out of this league at the first attempt, he will have done everything that we could have hoped for, and that is good enough for me. 

• Like 2

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

He has done well so far, and seems a really pleasant, decent guy, but I have been, and will remain, doubtful about how he will do in the Premier League.

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if he could take us close to the top of the Premier League. I just have my doubts. If he gets us out of this league at the first attempt, he will have done everything that we could have hoped for, and that is good enough for me. 

Mid table safety then adios, job done. 

11 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think he can

but there are enough back room guys now to make sure that managers are on the ball at B6.......and IF there is any sign of complacency they will be aware of it.However,I do not believe Steve would let that happen, he hasn't been bred that way.

I do not believe the same comfort/Latitude is afforded to SB as was to Paul Lambert & Martin O'Neill......There is more structure now.

Steve strikes me as a guy who is happy with that,  rather than run it all himself and fail......would sooner have some help and share the glory.

I also think this management team would have recognised PL had too much to do before he mentally threw the towel in....the last lot hung him out imo

I believe we are in good hands now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Steve Bruce may be the best man (who we can attract) for the job that. But he has so many things that annoy me. Starting with Westwood/Gardner every game, already given Gardner a new and improved contract meaning he will be in our bomb squad soon. Wasting everyone's time by his stupid annoying Gabby experiment, hey bruce, spoiler alert, it wont work. Also our football has been absolutely awful under him. But results have improved greatly under him. I have never disliked a manager as much as Bruce without wanting them to be sacked, it's a weird one. One thing we must do in January, is get rid of most of our players, so that we can create a new squad, even some of our summer signings must go, no mercy, force the shieet out of our club. Players that must go include: Micah Richards, Alan Hutton, Aly Cissokho, Westwood, Agbonlahor, Kozak and Gestede to name a few.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Steve Bruce may be the best man (who we can attract) for the job that. But he has so many things that annoy me. Starting with Westwood/Gardner every game, already given Gardner a new and improved contract meaning he will be in our bomb squad soon. Wasting everyone's time by his stupid annoying Gabby experiment, hey bruce, spoiler alert, it wont work. Also our football has been absolutely awful under him. But results have improved greatly under him. I have never disliked a manager as much as Bruce without wanting them to be sacked, it's a weird one. One thing we must do in January, is get rid of most of our players, so that we can create a new squad, even some of our summer signings must go, no mercy, force the shieet out of our club. Players that must go include: Micah Richards, Alan Hutton, Aly Cissokho, Westwood, Agbonlahor, Kozak and Gestede to name a few.

Won't happen but in general I must say I agree. We are carrying too many players.

• Like 1

Â