Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 more valuable points....particularly when we are not playing well.

We are not playing as a team and look very unbalanced IMO

If you read these posts, you will glean that individual players have their plus points , but lack stuff too.

It lacks togetherness and cohesion.....at times I though Burton had more players than us, on one occasion 3 players were closing down Adomah....never seen us doing that.

We don't work hard enough OFF the ball.

I looked at their shorts at half time and thought the laundry lady must be pleased, they can use these shorts for the Leeds Game.

....They simply get closed down far to easy.....we are too easy to play against.

We will win games purely on the ability to launch a raid and score......when it comes to pitch craft ( as in ring craft) we are left wanting.

Steve Bruce and his coaches have much work to do.......but the hardest he is doing 3 points.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Vital he addresses the midfield and brings in some quality there.

I actually think its more than midfield....but I agree, it is mainly that.

lets fix that first, because I think we have problems up front too.....whether they will disappear with the midfield improvements will be interesting.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Picking up points whilst playing poorly with a squad of players that aren't yours?  Sign of a very good manager IMO.

you could see his posturing from the sidelines.....he clearly wasn't happy.

That was not the gesticulating of a manager who thinks the players are playing to plan.

8 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Picking up points whilst playing poorly with a squad of players that aren't yours?  Sign of a very good manager IMO.

Thing is..... We know that he's not a very good manager in the premier league. Ok, we're not there yet but for me, these grinded out results are painting over cracks. Winning and playing poorly are a good sign. However, consistently playing dreadfully and not being able to get THIS group of players, regardless of whose they are, completing basic pass and moves is a tad worrying for me.

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Thing is..... We know that he's not a very good manager in the premier league. Ok, we're not there yet but for me, these grinded out results are painting over cracks. Winning and playing poorly are a good sign. However, consistently playing dreadfully and not being able to get THIS group of players, regardless of whose they are, completing basic pass and moves is a tad worrying for me.

What are you worried about, not winning? Because we're doing a lot of that.

• Like 1

I honestly believe we're only a couple of more wins at home away from the team getting booed off after a victory. West Ham did it a couple of seasons ago.

Or maybe this is just a VT thing?

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

7 wins out of 12 is lucky?

I never said that. The last 3/4 have had some element of luck to it. They have been mixed with defeats. All of which endured a truly dire display. 

Notice the teams that were getting away with it against.

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I honestly believe we're only a couple of more wins at home away from the team getting booed off after a victory. West Ham did it a couple of seasons ago.

Or maybe this is just a VT thing?

I think you might be right, but just as equally doubt it.

The thing is, I'm not sure if you think they should or shouldn't.

12 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

My worry is that sooner or later we will stop getting lucky. 

I don't think we are lucky.

I think we are a team that goes out of their way to make life as difficult as possible for themselves.

one of these days, they will have a day off ....of self harm and score a bundle.

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What are you worried about, not winning? Because we're doing a lot of that.

I get what woodytom's is saying I think? He believes the wheels will come off sooner rather than later- I might be wrong in this but  I can see his point- fans of other teams tell me we're dreadful which maybe we don't see in our claret and blue glasses possibly?

14 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I get what woodytom's is saying I think? He believes the wheels will come off sooner rather than later- I might be wrong in this but  I can see his point- fans of other teams tell me we're dreadful which maybe we don't see in our claret and blue glasses possibly?

Believe me.....I don't need the opposition to tell me....I can see it for myself.

The 3 points is so important, but if we think it is rosy in the garden, its not so.....Woody does have a very valid point.

However, the name of the game is winning, the next step is winning comfortably and we are some way off that yet.

Some folk do not want soggy chips, so will remain upbeat, come what may.....others see the storm clouds gathering on the horizon on a hot sunny day.

Who is right and who is wrong is anyones guess.

some go with the roll of the dice, some see danger of a change of luck.

The only thing is if you can't be happy when you win, when can you be?

It can't be heads you lose tails you lose.....Oh No.

ps I know exactly what you are trying to say.....but save it all up until we lose and let it all out in a splurge, more folk will listen.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I actually think its more than midfield....but I agree, it is mainly that.

lets fix that first, because I think we have problems up front too.....whether they will disappear with the midfield improvements will be interesting.

I agree. Midfield is a massive issue BUT there is also something wrong up front,  they just don't play well between each other or complement each other well,  and it seems the same way regardless of which of our large number of forwards are playing.  On paper we should be scoring for fun. 

It maybe that the changes in midfield will fix this but I do worry it's a deeper problem. 

Bruce needs to earn his corn. 

• Like 1

Â