Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

53 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Not good enough.

Hasn't taken long for him to look completely deflated and exhausted in press conferences and to consistently deliver lacklustre garbage on the pitch.

Let him get his own players in first, think he's done a pretty good job so far.

• Like 3

Well played to Steve Bruce.

We've won another game and we're in touch of the play off places which at this stage is good progress given where we were when he joined us.

A few astute signings in January and hopefully we can give ourselves our best chance to get out of this league.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2

I think he has done a very good job so far personally.

Needs to get the business right in the transfer market though, something our past managers/people at the club have failed in. I still maintain we are carrying too many players and for a promotion you need everyone to contribute.

17 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The problem is the players, Bruce is working wonders with them getting the results he is.

We've so many ordinary players and frequently have to carry certain individuals.

I don't agree with everything Bruce does, for instance Gardner's new deal, yet I find any criticism of his overal performance at best misguided if not a little deluded.

I can't wait for January and just hope he is successful in the improvements he wants to make because they are certainly needed.

I agree to an extent, we did not get value for money at all in the summer window and those signings were added to a largely poor set of remainders from last season. However I firmly believe that we have the 'quality' to turn over sides like Burton Albion at home a lot more comfortably. Will indeed be interesting to see what he does in the window, there's a lot to do.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I agree to an extent, we did not get value for money at all in the summer window and those signings were added to a largely poor set of remainders from last season. However I firmly believe that we have the 'quality' to turn over sides like Burton Albion at home a lot more comfortably. Will indeed be interesting to see what he does in the window, there's a lot to do.

The issue wasn't so much value for money it was the way the money was spent and the positions it was spent on but that's old ground.

In terms of quality, we absolutely lack it in midfield and that is why we struggle to win games like today. Fortunately we have a decent defence and can score the odd goal.

What we lack mostly though is a structured side greater than the sum of its parts because we didn't buy players with any kind of system in mind or plan for how to use them.

Think too many people expect Aston Villa to steam roll teams with a lesser reputation. 

Burton Albion are in the championship on merit, Aston Villa are in the championship on merit. We will not walk over any teams this season. 

But for me Bruce is doing brilliantly well with a truly awful midfield.

Â