Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

"Aren't they all" ? Try telling that to Arsenal fan's.

.There is always an exception.....Part of the constitution mate.

Edited by TRO

11 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Well speaking for myself I absolutely AM getting carried away with our current run, I feel a sense of entitlement and smug over confidence that I am enjoying immensely. Sure at some point I am going to come down to earth with a thump, heck it maybe this weekend, but moments in time like this come few and far between for Villa fans. For damn sure I am going to milk every bit of enjoyment out of it while it lasts.

Likewise. Its like being brutally dumped and having to learn to love again and trust again. Aston Villa have mentally abused us over the last number of years and its now trying to weasel its way back into our affections. 

So we are now making another go at it, but taking it slowly. Its still early days

• Like 3

Good to see Bruce is aiming high -

“ Can we catch Wolves? Can we mount a challenge to them and put them under pressure?

“That’s my thought.

“People say 11 or 12 points is maybe too much but that’s what we’ve got to try to achieve.

“We play them at home in a few weeks and that’s got to be the challenge to us all.

“We haven’t got anywhere near them yet but can we do it?

“There are 15 games to go, still 45 points to play for.

“We’re in a good position, we’re looking decent at the moment, we’ve got all the top teams to play at home so it’s in our hands because of the run we’ve been on.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-14301621

• Like 1

Seems JT could be a player coach if we go up ?

Bruce said: “John will be the one who decides his own destiny but whatever he decides to do, I hope he decides to be a coach here. 

“There could be a part of me which asks, is he going to play on? Certainly he still has a lot to offer in that department.

“I hope he stays here. If he wants to do coaching he can come and be part of our coaching team. If that is what he wants, no problem. But I think John will make his own decision.

In addition to keeping Terry, the manager would offer Alan Hutton a new contract and seek to sign Robert Snodgrass on a permanent deal from West Ham. 

He said: “It gives me all sorts of options if we get promoted but we can’t have those conversations until we know where we are.

“That goes for Alan, John, Snoddy - can we sign him from West Ham?

“We have got a chance if we go up. If we don’t then I don’t think we have. All of those things are three months down the line but we will try our best.”

Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/02/16/steve-bruce-prepared-to-offer-john-terry-coaching-role-at-aston-villa/#2S2PK6oi3fHlBfD6.99

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

“ Can we catch Wolves? Can we mount a challenge to them and put them under pressure?

“That’s my thought.

“People say 11 or 12 points is maybe too much but that’s what we’ve got to try to achieve.

“We play them at home in a few weeks and that’s got to be the challenge to us all.

“We’re in a good position, we’re looking decent at the moment, we’ve got all the top teams to play at home so it’s in our hands because of the run we’ve been on.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-14301621

That's the spirit. Keep them pushing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eastie said:

Seems JT could be a player coach if we go up ?

Bruce said: “John will be the one who decides his own destiny but whatever he decides to do, I hope he decides to be a coach here. 

“There could be a part of me which asks, is he going to play on? Certainly he still has a lot to offer in that department.

“I hope he stays here. If he wants to do coaching he can come and be part of our coaching team. If that is what he wants, no problem. But I think John will make his own decision....

It would be great if he would stay on. I have become a big fan of Terry. He is exactly the sort of manager after a few seasons coaching to restore our fortunes.

A shame, but understandable, that he has such love for Chelsea. I think he will hotfoot it back there the moment he gets the call.

But he will leave me with a different opinion of him than I had previously.

• Like 3

What a change from last season when 7 points of the play off's was seen as unrealistic to make up with half the season to go.

No we are talking about making up 12 points on the outstanding league leaders with 15 games to go.

How things change.

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

“That’s my thought.

I admire your optimism- personality I think this represents a leap too far.

for me the wolves are miles ahead of anyone in the division they have a great coach as well as some top drawer players.

its frightening to think how much they can spend once they return to the premier league going forward - as much as I don't want to say this - they  could become top dogs in the West Midlands for many years to come - I just hope Dr Tony doesn't like having his nose put out - and digs deeper himself 

42 minutes ago, Dave J said:

for me the wolves are miles ahead of anyone in the division they have a great coach as well as some top drawer players.

its frightening to think how much they can spend once they return to the premier league going forward - as much as I don't want to say this - they  could become top dogs in the West Midlands for many years to come - I just hope Dr Tony doesn't like having his nose put out - and digs deeper himself 

They’ve taken 4 points more than us in the last 28 games - they had a great start and we didn’t - unlikely we can catch them but stranger things have happened .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

JT can really add value to our coaching team. Be delighted if he accepted that offer. I think if we go up he will stay if we don’t I think he will leave

I think he will play another season if we go up , maybe combined with some coaching - I think he will feel he can still do it in the big league for another year 

7 hours ago, Dave J said:

I would love to see if they were miles ahead of us if they had lost their main striker for the whole season and their best midfielder for half of it and their best defender over the crucial Christmas period. 

Whilst at the same time we had Jack Grealish and Kodjia all season, and Terry didn't break his foot. 

I suspect their fans would then be saying how they were streets behind us. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

Â